Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hankook Z211 Competition tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
just bought a set of 205x50x15 Hankook Z211s for $409. total out the door. clap56.gif

that is a screaming deal for brand new track tires. biggrin.gif

Thanks to Trekkor for directing me to this supplier
yarin
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 8 2007, 05:16 PM) *

just bought a set of 205x50x15 Hankook Z211s for $409. total out the door. clap56.gif

which compound?

i was looking into those but ended up getting used Hoosier A6s. If they had the C70 compound i would have gone for them, but im' looking for an autox tire. The only Z211s I could find were C30(hard) and C50(medium) track compounds.

Great deal for a track tire though!
DanT
I got the C50 compound. I am trying to get a set to last as long as possible for AX and TT.

I just found out that Hankook has a very nice contingency awards program for PCA competition events.

I might end up getting a free set of tires if the season goes like last year.

If I do well enough with their tires and get some kick back, I am going to try the Z214s which look like Hoosiers or 710s, supposed to pretty nice.
brp914
what's the difference between ax and track tires?
ppickerell
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 8 2007, 03:15 PM) *

I got the C50 compound. I am trying to get a set to last as long as possible for AX and TT.

I just found out that Hankook has a very nice contingency awards program for PCA competition events.

If I do well enough with their tires and get some kick back, I am going to try the Z214s which look like Hoosiers or 710s, supposed to pretty nice.

Is this the tire I would mount for a stock 4 bolt Fuchs setup? Dan, we will have twin cars out there this year hopefully. Too bad I can't drive worth a shit.
DanT
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Mar 8 2007, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 8 2007, 03:15 PM) *

Is this the tire I would mount for a stock 4 bolt Fuchs setup? Dan, we will have twin cars out there this year hopefully. Too bad I can't drive worth a shit.

yep they are going onto my 4 bolt Fuchs

here is a close up of the molded tread.
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 8 2007, 04:16 PM) *

Dan-

Can you supply a link for the supplier?

i love porsche
i second that motion
drew365
I third that motion. How long is the sale? I still have Hoosiers to burn up. The way my luck is going I may get a year out of the one set. A year of sitting in my garage. biggrin.gif
yarin
QUOTE(drew365 @ Mar 9 2007, 06:33 PM) *

I third that motion. How long is the sale? I still have Hoosiers to burn up. The way my luck is going I may get a year out of the one set. A year of sitting in my garage. biggrin.gif

there are a few vendors selling tires these on clearance. http://www.frisbyracetire.com/z211sale.html

here is one of them
DanT
I got mine at www.Aimtire.com they are located at Infineon (Sears Point) raceway, in Sonoma CA I believe I got the last set of 4 that they had but you might want to check to see if they are getting any more in.

I am looking forward to giving these a years worth of thrashing biggrin.gif
sww914
QUOTE(brp914 @ Mar 8 2007, 07:07 PM) *

what's the difference between ax and track tires?

AX tires are way softer and stickier, but they don't last long. They're designed to stick when cold, they won't take heat at all. My former employer delaminated 3 of 4 Hoosier A compound tires in 4 laps on the big track at Willow Springs.
He was trying them just for the time trial, 1 warm up lap, 2 hot laps, 1 cool down lap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.