Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First drive in a long time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
The weather finally turned a little sunny today, so I decided to take the car out for a drive. This poor car has had quite a journey, I completely restored this car 4 years ago and ended up having to sell it because of divorce. It has changed hands 5 times since then, I bought it back last year with a bad motor, (different then the one I sold it with), then I sold it again. I just bought it back this past January, I built a 1911 motor for it and have decided to keep it.

Back to the drive, I had not driven a 914 since I sold this one four years ago, it was so much fun to drive, the 1911 is very peppy and ran very well considering it was about 27 degrees, the front end was all freshly rebuilt, new bushings, ball joints, turbo tie rods, bump steer kit, this front end is tight, if you have not done all of this please do, it makes a huge difference!

The end result is that I am hooked, I can't wait for the weather to really get better so I can start driving it every day...I'm pumped!! driving.gif
BMXerror
Great. I took my first real drive in a teener today.... it was awsome without the extra HP and fancy front end. I can't wait 'till I can get all that stuff done to mine.
Mark D.
1bad914
Mark D. Congrats on the first drive, they are tons of fun! Most of the front end additions are not that expensive and well worth it. Enjoy it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.