Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bugatti Veyron crash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
Story is a guy rented it, was doing 100+ mph, spunout and hit a van with a pregant woman inside..............

Pictures

Story
sean_v8_914
The 1,000 horsepower Bugatti can accelerate from 0 to 60mph in 2.5 seconds.
wow
So.Cal.914
You would think for that kind of money they could have finished the paint job.

Click to view attachment

Q- Whats a Bugatti and a 914 have in common?

A- Rust (A millon dollar car with rust? Does gold rust?)
Midtowner
It'll rub out. blink.gif
ConeDodger
Did Howard get an oil line? piratenanner.gif
sww914
I think I can fix it.
i love porsche
1 down...11 to go
soloracer
I highly doubt the story. Who would rent such a rare car? You would have to give up a kidney before you could get a $1.5 million dollar car out for a joy ride.

Note to self: Start search e-bay for a new engine.......daddy has a 914 just waiting for 1000 hp......... wink.gif
carr914
Dietrich, Where Are You?
GWN7
This is the story from one source:

Car:
2006 Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Description:
This is the first Bugatti Veyron to be wrecked on the streets. It is the fastest and most expensive production vehichle in history, list price about $1.6 million.

The Veyron was doing around 100mph when it spun out of control, spinning 3 times before hitting a Vauxhall Astra with a 7-month pregnant woman inside. It then smashed into trees up a 3 foot embankment.

The Bugatti driver was with a younger male passenger. The car was taken away by the same truck driver who had delivered it to the owner just a week earlier. The owner is a businessman in his 40's who runs a rental car company with his brothers.

B375 near Chertsey, Surrey, United Kingdom
wbergtho
Hmmmm....a Bugatti Veyron repairable? I'll call Certi-fit and see if they sell any aftermarket Taiwanese parts to fix it up? Maybe I can get it back on the road for less than a million?
73Phoenix20
Sort of like Jay Leno spinning a Carrera GT... but at least he was on a race track and didn't hit anything... sooo... maybe a GT is the better car?
nebreitling
what a dick. if some jackass endagered my pregnant wife because of his recklessness i would have to be physically restrained from killing him.
johnlush
Anybody else see the Top Gear test of the Veyron?

Video Link

"at top speed the tires only will last 15 minutes, but you only have enough gas for 12 minutes" blink.gif
MattR
I was at a club last night in newport and there was a Veyron parked outside. One of my buddies saw the owner a last week and got a ride. Last night he remembered who he was and talked to us for a few minutes. He seemed like a cool guy... of course having a 1.6 million dollar car helps the cool status.
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(soloracer @ Mar 9 2007, 04:00 PM) *

I highly doubt the story. Who would rent such a rare car? You would have to give up a kidney before you could get a $1.5 million dollar car out for a joy ride.

..according to last months (March) Playboy, "national luxury automotive service Putnam Leasing offers the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ===== $25,775 a month".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.