Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ST style race seat with stock backpad?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RSWannabe
I'm getting ready to put my 1970 914-6 back together after a full repaint. I am going to use a GTS Clssics ST driver's seat (see pic below) and was wondering if anyone has used this seat (or a similar seat) with the stock backpad? Does it fit? Does the backpad have to be modified? Or can this seat only really be used without the backpad ala factory GT cars and just carpet the firewall?

Pics of different solutions to haveing a supportive driver's seat in a relatively stock looking interior would be appreciated. Also, I have tried the straight bolt in GTS seat for this application, the Lemans, and while it is nice, it does not have enough lateral support for my taste.

Thanks in advance,

Click to view attachment
boxstr
Yes it wil fit. I have one at CAMP 914 I can take pics on Sunday.
CCLIN914NATION
RSWannabe
QUOTE(boxstr @ Mar 9 2007, 06:05 PM) *

Yes it wil fit. I have one at CAMP 914 I can take pics on Sunday.
CCLIN914NATION

Hot damn! Just the answer I was looking for. I look forward to seeign the pics.

Then the question (for myself) is do I stick with tke stock passenger seat integrated into the backpad or upgrade that to something a bit better too? Hmmmm.
boxstr
Which one are you going to use?
CCLIn914NATION
RSWannabe
QUOTE(boxstr @ Mar 9 2007, 07:00 PM) *

Which one are you going to use?
CCLIn914NATION

Not sure what you mean by the question. I am planning on using the GTS ST seat for the driver as pictured above. The passenger seat could be stock, or could be a GTS lemans seat (with updated backrest to later style).
nein14
I have the GTS ST Seat in my GT it will not fit in the stock bakpad. I used carpet on the Firewall.
RSWannabe
QUOTE(nein14 @ Mar 10 2007, 06:16 AM) *

I have the GTS ST Seat in my GT it will not fit in the stock bakpad. I used carpet on the Firewall.

The seats in you car are actually Ralley STS seats from GTS, a different seat from the ST seat pictured in my original post. The Ralley STS is a steel frame seat that is significantly wider than the ST seat, which is a fiberglass shell seat. Still, thanks for posting pics of your interior. It looks great and I might sill go for the carpeted firewall look.
GaroldShaffer
I have the Lemans in mine and LOVE IT!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.