Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6-alternator fan duct question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
I need to modify my alternator fan ducting that sits behind the alternator to gain clearance for the new internally regulated VR. The PAG bulletin concerning this says to replace the duct with a different one but I am cheap and don't want to wait.
I assume that modifying it won't horribly redirect flow in such a manner as to make the car overheat or cook one or two cylinders, but I wanted to get the opinion of those who have done this. Any special way to cut it?
Thanks!
sixnotfour
Here is a comparison,

Gary
Great comparison picture - never seen the "real" one before. When I did mine, I called Parts Heaven, Einmalig, etc. looking for the correct one. When I struck out there, I took my dremel and a cutting bit and trimmed it in about 10 minutes (and I'm slow). If I'd had that picture, I'd have saved the phone calls.

Then as I recall, it's blue wire to the generator light on the dash. B+ to the battery, and ground to ground. No more relay board smile.gif.
echocanyons
Cool picture, thanks! I too trimmed mine with a dremel. worked perfect!
Thanks
Gint
Thanks. I'm sure I'll need this at some point.
echocanyons
It is interesting that the internal VR duct doesn't have the fitting for the 6'oclock bolt, that one is the hardest one to get to wen you are re installing it, not having it sure wold make things easier.
echocanyons
oh BTW here are the PAG bulletins concerning the swap from external voltage regulator to internal VR.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.