Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: warm day here in Maryland...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
ok, it warmed up today to around 60 degrees...

so I did what everyone would do...got out the spray gun and shot some primer.

I needed to get a guide coat on so I can blend in the flairs better.

you don't need much if you are not going to shoot the trunks....
crash914
and another....
crash914
last one...
CoolAirVw
Man, there's this new invention called masking tape. Try it. poke.gif
skline
He will figure it out when he has to spend 3 or more days trying to get the paint off the windows and trim. smile.gif Dont ask me how I know. smile.gif
914-8
That is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen.
sww914
Razor blades, 0000 steel wool, lacquer thinner.
Tape is easier.
JBart
It was only about 82 here in So. Cal. so I left the spray gun
alone and driving.gif the s--t out of my car .I'll save the sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif and welder.gif for a not so good day . BUT the flairers look good!!!!
crash914
I know about overspray....

not a big deal. this is a track car..plenty of bondo to protect the glass...besides i had to get some paint on the bare metal so I can sand it down again....just needed something to show the curves....

what a crowd.....
Katmanken
Yeah, we are a tough crowd.

Some of us spray self etching catalyzed prier like Dupont Variprime as a first layer and the primer surfacer as the second layer.

The Variprime forms a hard waterproof seal and the primer surfacer forms a porous sandable surface for minor imperfections.

Ken
crash914
I would spend more time with it if the car were more of a show car...

I might just drive it with the primer look... nothing better than flat tan or flat black...

I save my energy for the motor....going to put it up on the stand today to raise the compression and install the full flow oil system....

that's where it's at...going for 200 baby... got over 150 with low compression and no exhaust.... should be fun.... got to get this back on the road.... spring is coming...
Katmanken
Just don't be too surprized when it gets wet and rust speckles start appearing.
crash914
oh yea, car doesn't see rain....

sits inside nice warm garage until the clouds float over...

It has enough rubber underneath that the road salt doesn't bother it either...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.