Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jacking up rear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
Ok I am dropping the motor friday. Getting it prepped tonight, have removed trunk lid and engine lid to make things a bit easier for me. Where should I put the jacks in the rear, and where should I put the hydro jack when lifting? Jared wink.gif
Brad Roberts
You can place them on the "donuts" or on the control arms if you have the tall 2 ton type.

If you use the control arms.. move them as far out to sides as you possibly can so the crossbar doesnt hit the stands when you drag it out with the engine.

Place the jack as far back on the engine as possible. Be prepared to "balance" the engine/tranny combo with the HE's or the HE support bracket.

B
DrifterJay
what do u mean by HE?
Brad Roberts
heat exchanger.

B
DrifterJay
THANX I appreciate your help greatly. ttyl
sj914
You can also use put the jack stands underneath the rearmost of the floorpan. Position the jacks under the longitudinals and also use a long 2x4 to set across the jackstands to sort of cushion the chassis. I've used this method a couple times and its worked pretty well. Suspending the chassis this way also keeps the area clear so you don't have to worry about the engine bar getting caught on the stands. Sorry for the rambling but I just got in from pulling my engine out.
seanery
I've seen creases on the floor/firewall area that looks like someone tried to pick up their car there. I wouldn't recomend that location.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.