Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocker Panel Paint?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
Painter just left with the car.
I decided to paint it Lapis Blue Metallic, yes same color as Liz's car.

Link to a photo of her car.

http://z8.invisionfree.com/ClubNARP/index.php?showtopic=1397

Looking for suggestions, should I paint the rockers the same color as the car, or black? The combo Liz has is blue with black rockers, looks very nice, but I wonder how good the blue on blue would look?
Any thoughts?

I'm wondering if I should leave the chrome trim chrome, or have them painted (powder coated) black? Thoughts?
Pictures appreciated..

Allan
I personnaly prefer the body colored rockers and valances, along with the top and sail panels.
Gint
One of these days I'm going to powder coat a set of rocker panels semi-gloss black just to see how they turn out. Maybe you could do it instead?
shelby/914
Personally, I like black rockers for a little contrast. Rex and I are accumulating a big pile to go to the powder coater so if you want to get a set down here I could deliver themfor you.
StratPlayer
If I had an oven big enough I would have already powder coated the rockers, and the valances. Satin black.
BMartin914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Mar 11 2007, 10:09 AM) *

If I had an oven big enough I would have already powder coated the rockers, and the valances. Satin black.

That's perfect.
TINCAN914
The painter mentioned painting them satin black, but in Herculiner (sp)..
I'm not sure how that would come out. He said he could set the sprayer low so that the texture is very limited.. I'm going over later this coming week to check his progress, he said he could do a sample so I can check it out.

He said he would take pic through the process, I will post when I get them..
Thanks for the feedback all.
Crazyhippy
Only downside i can see to powdercoat is no bondo... all dents have to be fixed in metal, and good luck getting flared rockers done (and they need it the most)

BJH
Aaron Cox
blue/blue.

all body color. no black....
Gint
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Mar 11 2007, 04:48 PM) *

Only downside i can see to powdercoat is no bondo... all dents have to be fixed in metal, and good luck getting flared rockers done (and they need it the most)

BJH
Good point. Really straight rocker panels are really hard to find.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.