Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- bought a 88 944 today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Well the search ends. I bought a 1988 944 with 62K documented miles. No dash cracks, recent belts, and clean clean clean. I will bring it home friday. The seller wanted to put new brakes on it and has that scheduled for wednesday. So my 914 will be the true AX toy & weekend crusier. The 944 will be the family sunny day weekend crusier.

911quest
Great looking 944!
jim912928
COOL!!!!
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 10 2007, 10:58 PM) *

Well the search ends. I bought a 1988 944 with 62K documented miles. No dash cracks, recent belts, and clean clean clean. I will bring it home friday. The seller wanted to put new brakes on it and has that scheduled for wednesday. So my 914 will be the true AX toy & weekend crusier. The 944 will be the family sunny day weekend crusier.

Maraschino or Velvet Red ?

What a stunner ..........

If new to the 44 world, you are sure to now find out how great a car these are !

Truly a wonderful piece of engineering know how and Genuine German Build Quality.

Otherwise known as :

GGBQ

And they also have a tremendous amount of GDR in the looks dept.

That would be "Goin' Down the Road "

Just don't ever forget about the timing and balance shaft belts.............and their regular updates and replacements.

Critical Mass will ensue if you do..............
BigDBass
Very cool, Garold! Neat color too.
Do you still have that 911 sitting around too?

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Mar 11 2007, 06:58 AM) *

Very cool, Garold! Neat color too.
Do you still have that 911 sitting around too?

Nope, sold them both to fund the 944. As much as I wanted to restore the 911(s) I knew deep down that I don't A) have them time & B ) or the skills sad.gif besides I still have to put my 914 back together after I get it back from Shelby (aka flatout)
Joe Bob
Looks well maintained. I see so many beat on 944s that it's a treat to see a nice one.
jasons
So is 88 a 2.5 or 2.7L? Here are some pics of my S2. Shes almost at 160k and still a very tight car. 944's can be great cars when given some love.

BTW, We have twinsie interiors

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Gint
Nice looking car Garold!
GaroldShaffer

"Maraschino or Velvet Red ?" - Maraschino

"So is 88 a 2.5 or 2.7L?" - I believe its a 2.5 from what I read in 89 they went to 2.7
TravisNeff
Clean, Clean, Clean
mudfoot76
Track it!!!

Before you had an excuse with your 914 being at Shelby's, but you once again have an operational Porsche in your garage....here is the event info link biggrin.gif

CIR-PCA Driver's Ed

driving.gif

Nice car, BTW. I've ridden in a few at the track and they are quite formidable even the 2.5L cars. A friend of mine just took delivery of a 968 this past weekend and I got to take it for a spin. Very similar feeling to the 944, but obviously heavier (somewhat offset by higher HP and TQ)...
73Phoenix20
Ya done good!

Now, you need the set of Design 90 16" alloys that are stashed in my garage!

(just like the ones on the white '44 above)

Look forward to seeing it this Summer!
aircooledboy
VERY nice Garold. clap56.gif beerchug.gif

I've had the itch lately my own self. I've got a line on a very clean 928S I'm thinking about. idea.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif
conekillerII
piratenanner.gif

Awesome car BIL!!

Does this mean BLU is being evicted? driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(conekillerII @ Mar 12 2007, 06:32 PM) *

piratenanner.gif

Awesome car BIL!!

Does this mean BLU is being evicted? driving.gif

No, BLU has a home here until mygokart is ready to come home. Don't tell Dad I got it yet. happy11.gif
GaroldShaffer
Brought my new toy home yesterday. boldblue.gif Promptly put 100 miles on her biggrin.gif

Now I have either a CV issue or made a bearing problem on the drivers rear. making a clicking / clanking sound off and on while driving. The joys of old Porsche's blink.gif

I have been posting my 944 questions on Pelican and it looks like step one make sure CV bolts are tight, and go from there. O'well, I have no regrets it is still a great car and clean clean clean.....

a few more pictures. 1st is my Best Friend & my son

Click to view attachment

New 944 Owner driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Tucked away until I fix the CV problem sad.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jasons
Looks sweet! One consideration, you might want to get a dash cover. 944 dashes are known for cracking and yours looks clean. Clean ones are few and far between, I would guess especially in Burgandy since its rare to begin with. AFAIK, my car has had a dash cover since new and no cracks today. And, I live in AZ land of UV.

Bartlett 914
Nice Car Garold! I really like the color.

When do you get your car back from Shelby?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Mar 17 2007, 03:56 PM) *

Nice Car Garold! I really like the color.

When do you get your car back from Shelby?

Mid April. boldblue.gif I have a feeling that once you guys see the work she has done on my 914 and the other flare project she is working on, she will have 914's lined up for miles waiting for her. biggrin.gif

Hi Shelby wavey.gif
conekillerII
mad.gif You could have pulled the Intrepid out before taking the 1st garage picture. That way the reflection in your drivers door could have been BLU. mad.gif

Just kidding.

thumb3d.gif That is a cool color.
GaroldShaffer
I could always put BLU outside ya know happy11.gif

Kidding biggrin.gif
bd1308
Garold,

one of these days I need to get a ride in your new 944.

Ive seen em around and wanted one, but they are pricey around here.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.