Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picking up a Teener-Have the Teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwhcars
Well I made the mistake of showing my wife the pics of petedd's cooper teener for sale biggrin.gif It is the same color as the one I got her new in 1975 and she says with a smile " Your going to buy it" So I ordered the hitch for the LR3 and when it gets installed Colorado here I come. I hope it is as nice in person as the pictures.Yes I am wired I guess it is the car nut in me...
markb
clap56.gif
Welcome to the madness. biggrin.gif
Gint
You bought Pete's copper car? Nice!

There are a lot of local teeners aorund here. Let us know when you're going to be here so we can all meet up for dinner or something. Most of us never met Pete!
BMartin914
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 11 2007, 07:27 AM) *

There are a lot of local teeners aorund here. Let us know when you're going to be here so we can all meet up for dinner or something. Most of us never met Pete!

agree.gif

Congrats on what looks to be an outstanding car!
jwhcars
I will give you all a shout when I am on my way.
blitZ
QUOTE(jwhcars @ Mar 11 2007, 06:53 AM) *

Well I made the mistake of showing my wife the pics of petedd's cooper teener for sale biggrin.gif It is the same color as the one I got her new in 1975 and she says with a smile " Your going to buy it" So I ordered the hitch for the LR3 and when it gets installed Colorado here I come. I hope it is as nice in person as the pictures.Yes I am wired I guess it is the car nut in me...

welcome.png

Good choice in car and wife. thumb3d.gif
majkos
QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Mar 11 2007, 04:40 PM) *

agree.gif

Congrats on what looks to be an outstanding car!

welcome.png

Congrat! thumb3d.gif

I'm in for a get together and drooley.gif over that purdy car!
jwhcars
Well folks I am so lucky to live about 25 miles from Steve Limbert (aircooled racing). Steve is the person lending me the trailer and he will also be the one who recalibrates the carbs from high altitude. Maybe I can swap out the engine from the green GT6 he has rolleyes.gif
sww914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
jwhcars
If you want picks of Steve's car it is on the lift covered,it can be seen on his web page aircooledracing.com or if you ment the 1975 I am getting it is under the cars for sale posted by peted. I will see what pictures I can get at Steve's when I pick up the trailer.
Ferg

agree.gif Give a shout when you are inbound.

Ferg
jwhcars
The deal is done and I now have the Teener in my garage. Sorry for not getting a chance to meet all you CO folks. I had to use a open trailer (was planning on enclosed trailer) and like a dummy we took Rte 80 from Pa To Ft. Collins and had the pleasure of driving in more snow than I expected.
When this old guy recovers from the 3 day 3400 mile trip I will post some pics.
jwhcars
Here are a few pics of the Teener I got from peteD,Yes It is missing the the drivers side mirror-It broke at the set screw when I went to adjust it.I will pick up another at the Porsche swap meet in Hershey at the end of the month.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Spoke
Wow! Real nice car; looks sweet. Good luck with it. You went to Co to pick it up? And I thought I was a he-man driving all the way to Connecticut to get mine.

Where abouts are you in Central PA? Maybe we'll touch base in Hershey. I planned to bring the 914 to last year's aquafest but won't bring it in the rain. I swear they schedule Hershey using the Farmer's Almanac looking for rain. If the weather doesn't change much from now til Hershey we'll be looking at snow.

Spoke

BTW,

welcome.png
jwhcars
I am in Lebanon and I will be at the swap rain or shine. My wife and I will more than likely be collecting registation fees at the car corral.
jim_hoyland
Congratulations ! That is a really nice car. Copper is a great color too !
petedd
Jim,

I'll miss her, but you gotta stop breaking things...

The mirror is a Vitaloni baby tornado Mirror

I found the last one on ebay for $35.00 in 2005 when the right side one got clipped off by a teenagers' errant backpack. Except no substitutes...

All the best,

Pete

QUOTE(jwhcars @ Mar 11 2007, 05:53 AM) *

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.