Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dizzy drive off 180*, will it affect FI points?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
I am convinced the dizzy drive in my car is off 180*. Motor is at TDC, verified by the valves, the timing mark on the fan, and flashlight in the #1 spark plug hole.

Currently the rotor points away from the driver and the only way the Dizzy fits in the car is with the back of the rotor pointed at the notch in the dizzy. I don't mind leaving it this way, but does anyone know if it will affect the synchronization of the FI points?
Bleyseng
It will run like that as the triggers fire every 180' of crank rotation. I will it run better if you flip the dizzy drive back to stock.
jasons
Why would it run better flipped back? It seems to me either it would work or not work. I'm just curious what the difference is.
Gint
It will run the same either way. I'd probably fix it IIWM also, but you don't have to.
Allan
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 11 2007, 08:38 AM) *

It will run the same either way. I'd probably fix it IIWM also, but you don't have to.

agree.gif I ended up installing my dizzy 180 out while trouble shooting (fuel problem after all dry.gif ) and it ran great.
jasons
Well, I successfully re-indexed the drive either way. It was kind of bugging me that it wasn't right. But, I didn't want to F- with it, and drop that washer in. I used a 7/32 allen socket on the end of a nut driver which fit just right, to pull and turn the drive.
Bleyseng
Very slight it is....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.