Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why does my head lights go up when I push in my light switch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
I have looked at the diagrams, hooked up the light switch accordingly and still my head lights go up when I push in my switch in and they go down when I pull the switch out!
I have tried different headlight relays and still the same thing. Where do I go from here?
1) could switch be bad?
2) Could the harness get mixed up at? the fuse box? the head light motors them selves? At the relay connection? Could I have something hooked incorrectly other then the switch itself?

It is a 10 pin switch and the car is a 72.

Thanks,
Buck
davesprinkle
Hi Buck,

This might be the result of incorrect assembly of the actuation arm on the motor shaft. I had this same problem when I reinstalled the headlight mechanisms in my 74. To fix the problem, I just rotated the arm on the shaft by 180 degrees. Maybe this will work for you.

I should point out, though, that if you haven't taken apart and reassembled your mechanism, this is unlikely to be the cause of your issue.

Good luck.
-dave
buck toenges
Here is another wierd part of this dilemma. When the ignition key is not turned on the hazzard switch works fine. It works when you pull out the switch BUT when you turn the ignition then the hazzard lights come on when you push in the switch. Works the way they should when the key is out but it works back wards when you turn the key on. Think the ignition switch is wired wrong?
Buck
buck toenges
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Mar 11 2007, 09:35 AM) *

Hi Buck,

This might be the result of incorrect assembly of the actuation arm on the motor shaft. I had this same problem when I reinstalled the headlight mechanisms in my 74. To fix the problem, I just rotated the arm on the shaft by 180 degrees. Maybe this will work for you.

I should point out, though, that if you haven't taken apart and reassembled your mechanism, this is unlikely to be the cause of your issue.

Good luck.
-dave

Dam* Dave your good! Such a simple solution. Took me 2 weeks to get that working right. Now help me with the hazzard switch and I'll buy you something from Mike Z!
Buck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.