Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fox Shocks install(help)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dekman
Cracked a header so while up on the "Stands" deceided to replace the rear 20+ yr old carrera shocks. Has anyone install Fox shocks w/remote reservoir? Any mods needed? How do you put the reservoir in the trunk w/o cutting a hole? Bolts supplied are too short.....Help! headbang.gif (need to get her off the "Stands" so I can make the Route 66 Ramble!")
Aaron Cox
reservoir into the trunk?

you would either A ) have to cut a big hole for the whole reservoir to fit, or B ) cut a littler hole, discharge the gas in the shock, unscrew the reservoir, feed the hose through, reattach the reservoir and refill the shock with fluid/gas.

nice shocks.....

you can always go get longer bolts, solves that problem.
dekman
I have heard of someone who did it w/o out discharging the gas(Fox says this is a NO NO). Hoping they will post. It's not just longer bolts, the hole size wrong too. Maybe they sent me the wrong kit??? Will call they and rant on monday. May have to fab new mount bolts. Aaron....are you going on the Route 66? wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.