Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LE on teh evilbay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
No relation, etc.....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Mar 11 2007, 09:48 PM) *

he needs to paint teh wheels the right color....
grasshopper
interesting. Only 8 hours away...lol. Ive always wanted an LE. Seriously. This one looks to have potential too.
JeffBowlsby
Someone save this one! biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
Looks like original stickers down the sides... I don't think she's been repainted. I mapquested Camden TN & found it 1/2 way between Nashville & Memphis. 10+ hrs away & I still have no garage headbang.gif .

cool_shades.gif
vanaman
why would you need a hitch on a 914?

steve
Tobra
QUOTE(vanaman @ Mar 12 2007, 07:01 AM) *

steve

To pull your little trailer with your 4 wheels with race rubber on them to run on the track. Wonder how rusty it really is. If it has a hole, that may be the tip of the iceberg
majkos
I would love to have a Creamsicle, but that one scares me.

other thing I've notice, the rear (pass) wheel is at the horrible angle, meaning only one thing!

Rusted trailing arm console!
Have already one of thoses!
Bleyseng
nice job to store a car for 6 years under a leaking tarp.

The result is one rusty mofo.

Still for $600 I would buy it.
IronHillRestorations
About 45 minutes from me. If I can get the time I might go check it out.
914Sixer
Pretty scary looking, but it is an LE. I am afraid there is an awful lot of rust lurking around those rockers and door jambs.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Tobra @ Mar 12 2007, 06:13 AM) *

QUOTE(vanaman @ Mar 12 2007, 07:01 AM) *

steve

To pull your little trailer with your 4 wheels with race rubber on them to run on the track. Wonder how rusty it really is. If it has a hole, that may be the tip of the iceberg

agree.gif actually to haul your parts car with you, just in case biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Go for it Perry!!! clap56.gif
TROJANMAN
LE's are over rated. They're just funny painted 914's...............

hide.gif

biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 13 2007, 02:08 AM) *

hide.gif

biggrin.gif

OK, you asked for it... finger.gif , ar15.gif , mad.gif , gunner.gif , chair.gif , hanged.gif , pissoff.gif , fighting19.gif , boid.gif , KMA.gif , hitfan[1].gif , behead.gif boom.gif , blowup.gif , biggrin.gif .

creamsicle914.jpg
IronHillRestorations
I sent him a question to see if I could come and check it out. He said OK, so if I can break away, I'll give the details.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 12 2007, 11:08 PM) *

hide.gif

biggrin.gif

agree.gif

grasshopper914.jpg
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 13 2007, 12:22 PM) *

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 12 2007, 11:08 PM) *

hide.gif

biggrin.gif

agree.gif

grasshopper914.jpg

OK lets play biggrin.gif . Fully loaded, w/ every option, for $2K less, back in 74 mind you (BIG BUCKS), how is that overrated? stirthepot.gif

Secondly, the Grasshopper... mythical psuedo beast, perpetuated in story, upon tale, to legendary proportions... I have never seen one & I was on the lot w/ Pop back in 74. I remember the viper green Carrera w/ black accents, the yellow/black Carrera, the stunning white/blue Carrera, red/black Carrera, the Bumblebee because that's what I wanted, the Creamsicle & a light blue/black 914. I mentioned these cars because they all had accent colored stripes. Check the LE registry & you'll see all the evidence Jeff has compiled against it's existence. Honestly I have never seen a genuine Grasshopper & believe I heard someone here on the World built himself one. I may be a newbie here but I've been around my LE for 33 years now.

cool_shades.gif
TROJANMAN
It's just a paint job.
I remember in high school , my buddy's mom had an '87 FILA Tbird. OOooooh.........Think that thing is worth anything today. It had some pinstriping on the outsise and a FILA logo on the seats. Big Woop.

If the LE's had been outfitted with a bigger displacement motor, or better suspension, then we would have something to talk about......

:nomex:
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 13 2007, 01:14 PM) *

It's just a paint job.
I remember in high school , my buddy's mom had an '87 FILA Tbird. OOooooh.........Think that thing is worth anything today. It had some pinstriping on the outsise and a FILA logo on the seats. Big Woop.

If the LE's had been outfitted with a bigger displacement motor, or better suspension, then we would have something to talk about......

:nomex:

Front & rear sway bars- stock. Bilsteins- stock. Mahles'- stock. That covers a suspension upgrade right there. Center console w/ 3 very functional gauges- stock. Intermittent wiper- stock. Tinted windows- stock. The biggest displacement engine offered at the time- stock. I think offering all of this because of a radical paint job, & at a $2k discount no less, is something not to be ignored. Then there's the actual history behind the entire idea of the LE & why they did it & why they wound up screwing themselves. Besides, try driving one & not being noticed... it's impossible & gets quite annoying after a while. biggrin.gif

cool_shades.gif
TROJANMAN
try driving one & not being noticed... it's impossible & gets quite annoying after a while.

i also know people who get noticed in their two tone primer grey and red 914's too chairfall.gif
Bleyseng
everybody stares at my Nepal Orange car, heck you just got a little bit of orange on that LE. alfred.gif

I did have a jpg of that LE poster of the THREE colors as my screen background. Stupid hard drive crashed and lost it!!!!! headbang.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 13 2007, 01:55 PM) *

everybody stares at my Nepal Orange car, heck you just got a little bit of orange on that LE. alfred.gif

I did have a jpg of that LE poster of the THREE colors as my screen background. Stupid hard drive crashed and lost it!!!!! headbang.gif

biggrin.gif 3 colors? blink.gif

cool_shades.gif
Johny Blackstain
Sold for $2034.00. She doesn't run, has rust & needs a new front right fender & sold for over $2K. Not bad for just a paint job biggrin.gif .

cool_shades.gif
Bleyseng
I was out to see RichD and see his progress on his LEC. Wow, lookin good! smilie_pokal.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 18 2007, 06:56 PM) *

I was out to see RichD and see his progress on his LEC. Wow, lookin good! smilie_pokal.gif

Was that the one in SF w/out a drivetrain we all discussed a month or so back? If so, I'd love to see/hear about her. As most have noticed I'm kinda partial to Creamsicles. I really wish I could have nailed this one as well... she has a black interior biggrin.gif ! I hope someone here got her or will be here soon.

cool_shades.gif
914werke
No. One day Ill actually got off my ass and post a thread or update the blog with all the progress. Just seems there's enough to do just putting the thing back together let alone post and write about it. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 18 2007, 07:30 PM) *

No. One day Ill actually got off my ass and post a thread or update the blog with all the progress. Just seems there's enough to do just putting the thing back together let alone post and write about it. biggrin.gif

lazy ass! chair.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Mar 18 2007, 07:12 PM) *

Was that the one in SF w/out a drivetrain we all discussed a month or so back? If so, I'd love to see/hear about her. As most have noticed I'm kinda partial to Creamsicles. I really wish I could have nailed this one as well... she has a black interior biggrin.gif ! I hope someone here got her or will be here soon.

cool_shades.gif

No, not the one from San Francisco. The one from San Francisco does not have a drivetrain yet. It also has alot less rust than that one did. I too hope the Ebay one goes to a good home and is restored properly.
914werke
So Mike have you decided what your going to do with yet another LE?
orthobiz
The three colors: there was also a green and cream LE. Don't think I've ever seen one except in a Porsche poster.

Paul
Michael N
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 19 2007, 06:09 PM) *

So Mike have you decided what your going to do with yet another LE?

I am leaning more towards selling it. I did order a COA and am in the process of getting the title. I want her, but it will be years before I will have a three car garage or a vacation home to keep 3 914's out of the elements.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 19 2007, 10:06 PM) *

The three colors: there was also a green and cream LE. Don't think I've ever seen one except in a Porsche poster.

Paul

What poster? As far as I know there is no such thing as a grasshopper.

cool_shades.gif

grasshopper
Yep, no such thing as a grasshopper...unfortunetly... PCNA took back their original claim of the three colors, because after many requests for production numbers of vin #'s they were unable to find any cars that came green and white...so there is not official grasshoppers out there.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Mar 19 2007, 11:20 PM) *

Yep, no such thing as a grasshopper...unfortunetly... PCNA took back their original claim of the three colors, because after many requests for production numbers of vin #'s they were unable to find any cars that came green and white...so there is not official grasshoppers out there.

agree.gif

cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.