Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sway Bar Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Does anyone have a front sway bar off their car? I need to know the length of the shaft and the length of the removable arms. Also the shaft diameter if possible.
r_towle
Hi,
I dont have one out, but I can give you a bit to think about.

the bar itself sticks out from the inner fender 2.25 inches per side.
So go figure that one out by measuring the car width in that area (yup, your welcome)

Now the arms that attach to the bar, well they need to be variable anyways.

The Weltmeister setup I have is basically a tube that is wider where is attaches to the sway bar, but the rest of it is a tube. The drop link bolts/clamps onto the tube using friction, and this allows me to adjust where on the tube the drop link attaches.
I like this setup versus an arm with holes, because it gives more detailed adjustments.

The drop links are simple threaded rods with heim joints...easy enough to figure out when the rest of it is in there.

So, for the sway bar, measure the width of the body in that area, and add 4.5 inches.
For the arms, go for a foot or a bit more to start, tube, and cut them back so they dont interfere with the steering, or hit the rim of the wheel in full lock.
Arm tubing is 1 inch thin walled
Bar is 22mm

Rich
rick 918-S
Thanks Rich! That's exactly what I needed. I'm surfing the net looking for a deal on generic bars. I found some interesting stuff....
JWest
Rick, I measured 39.5" OAL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.