Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driving down the road and spot a fellow teener - Red 75
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
Friday I drove the 914 to work, last drive before pulling the motor. And on my home driving up San Fernando Road I see a nice red '75, with a big black dog inside, Oh, and there was a guy driving.. smile.gif

Met Dave, 9144fun, the first thing after saying HI is "Are you on the World.com bbs?"
It is very funny that every person you meet with a 914 knows about these boards.

Kind of shows how important these web sites are to our little niche.

Anyway nice guy, clean 914. Good to meet ya.

2-OH!
Stop yappin'...Get off the computer and get that motor rebuilt and in the car...June 15 is just around the corner...

Or, I'm goin' without ya...

2-OH!
Mike D.
Thanks Rick...

Car is up in air...engine and tranny are ready to drop...

I just remebered what a PITA it is try and get the motor out from under the car with carbs on, and I'm thinking about taking them off. However that is a PITA itself...

sometimes with 914's you have to weigh the PITA options and go with the least PITA... biggrin.gif

slothness
hmmm, more Santa Clarita folks beer.gif

I smell a get together this summer idea.gif
Carlitos Way
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Mar 12 2007, 11:50 AM) *

Thanks Rick...

Car is up in air...engine and tranny are ready to drop...

I just remebered what a PITA it is try and get the motor out from under the car with carbs on, and I'm thinking about taking them off. However that is a PITA itself...

sometimes with 914's you have to weigh the PITA options and go with the least PITA... biggrin.gif

GOod luck with the engine drop. Did you ever sell your motor?
Mike D.
QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Mar 12 2007, 05:02 PM) *

GOod luck with the engine drop. Did you ever sell your motor?

Yeah, the motor sold quickly over on the Pelican board.

Getting it out isn't so bad, it's gettng the car up high enough, and half shafts get in the way, and then you get the car higher, but now the jack isn't tall enough to reach the motor so you put a block of wood on it then you lower it now you need to lose the block to get low and............ headbang.gif

this would be easier at Leamons with the lift but I need to work at home because, with two little ones, I work in 1 hour shifts whenever I get the time. I also work a lot between 10pm and midnight. Me Time...
Ferg

[/quote]
with two little ones, I work in 1 hour shifts whenever I get the time. I also work a lot between 10pm and midnight. Me Time...
[/quote]

Amen to that brother! My simple oil cooler install is gonna take weeks.

Ferg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.