Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for Form-Fitting Car Cover?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Heckler
Anybody know a source/brand of indoor Car Cover that is actually made for a '73 914 and form fitting (stock fenders and only the left mirror, not that I imagine it matters)? I've got a generic one that doesn't outline the front bumperettes (I'm getting tired of nearly blowing out my knee) or the mirror (swear it's just gonna rip it's mounts out of the door one of these times)...

It sits in the garage, so it doesn't need to be a weatherproof variety, just to keep the dust and cat scratches off...

Thanks!
pin31
I searched also and all I find are the generic ones.

I'm looking for an outdoor one.

Even the generic ones are pricey.
quadracerx
Hey Guys...

California Car Covers are the best..and they make several types...

http://www.calcarcover.com/

I have purchased several for various cars...and each fit perfectly...however, they are not the least expensive....in this case though you get what you pay for...

Thanks...

Steve
szuccaro
Contact Rich Bontempi at High Performance House in Redwood City, CA. I recently purchased one there---nice and durable cover. No cutouts for side mirrors, so I just fold my in.... Steve

http://www.highperformancehouse.com/

QUOTE(pin31 @ Mar 12 2007, 12:31 PM) *

I searched also and all I find are the generic ones.

I'm looking for an outdoor one.

Even the generic ones are pricey.

gary gartner
check with Performance Products, I just saw some similar to your description in their new catalog---good luck

QUOTE(Heckler @ Mar 12 2007, 12:07 PM) *

Anybody know a source/brand of indoor Car Cover that is actually made for a '73 914 and form fitting (stock fenders and only the left mirror, not that I imagine it matters)? I've got a generic one that doesn't outline the front bumperettes (I'm getting tired of nearly blowing out my knee) or the mirror (swear it's just gonna rip it's mounts out of the door one of these times)...

It sits in the garage, so it doesn't need to be a weatherproof variety, just to keep the dust and cat scratches off...

Thanks!

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Heckler @ Mar 12 2007, 12:07 PM) *

Thanks!
]

covercraft really fit well and available in four varieties.
G e o r g e
or you can buy

jeeperjohn56
Hey Mr. Heckler! My wife bought me one from performance products, it is made by coverking car covers I have the stormproof one which is total waterproof and is the best one $249, The better is The Mosom, which is medium to heavy weather almost waterproof $159 and, Then the triguard, light weather great dust cover $99, these are custom made for you 914 and take about 3 weeks to make, Hope this helps John P.S that price does not include a storage bag or lock.
IronHillRestorations
For an outside cover you might like the one I sell. PM me if interested.
anthony
Cal Car Cover, Cover King and Cover Craft all sell custom covers. You can specify one or two mirrors. Get their best waterproof breathable fabrics. It's costly but worth the money.

Dave_Darling
The Bird also can get specific-fitting covers made. I got one for My Attorney's tail dragger and it fits very nicely!

--DD
Scott S
QUOTE(George H. @ Mar 12 2007, 12:59 PM) *

or you can buy

Where do you get those? pretty cool!
Heckler
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Mar 13 2007, 10:20 AM) *

QUOTE(George H. @ Mar 12 2007, 12:59 PM) *

or you can buy

Where do you get those? pretty cool!

Yes, please tell where this one comes from...

Thanks!
Heckler
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 12 2007, 08:05 PM) *

The Bird also can get specific-fitting covers made. I got one for My Attorney's tail dragger and it fits very nicely!

--DD

??"The Bird"?? Some code-speak I don't understand yet???

Thanks!
markb
The Bird is Pelican Parts. DDDDDD is their resident "Shill" (his word biggrin.gif ), they probably have a few to choose from.
You can also call Dave at GPR, he helped me get a nice one for my car.
I also have to say I love the Umbrella I got of Perry's.
Just my .02 YMMV.
Heckler
QUOTE(markb @ Mar 22 2007, 12:09 AM) *

The Bird is Pelican Parts. DDDDDD is their resident "Shill" (his word biggrin.gif ), they probably have a few to choose from.
You can also call Dave at GPR, he helped me get a nice one for my car.
I also have to say I love the Umbrella I got of Perry's.
Just my .02 YMMV.

Homer moment...DOH!! Should have been able to figure that out...

I like Perry's umbrella, but I need something that's also going to cover/protect the painted surfaces...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.