Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deflector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Had nothin to do Sunday afternoon decided to cut out rust in rear trunk.Now do I need I guess its a heat deflector thats under the trunk If i'm running headers?? Might as well keep cuttin stuff out at this point Thanks Paul
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(spunone @ Mar 12 2007, 12:44 PM) *

Had nothin to do Sunday afternoon decided to cut out rust in rear trunk.Now do I need I guess its a heat deflector thats under the trunk If i'm running headers?? Might as well keep cuttin stuff out at this point Thanks Paul

YOU NEED IT!!!!!!!
So.Cal.914
As long as you are not going to put anything in the trunk that will be adversely

affected by heat, I'd say No.
spunone
Ok Doc I hear ya LOUD and clear It must get really hot back there is my guess
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(spunone @ Mar 12 2007, 01:00 PM) *

Ok Doc I hear ya LOUD and clear It must get really hot back there is my guess

It would be great without the deflector to fry eggs!

My 76 has the deflector installed and actually burned the paint and the insulator.
Rand
If you care about it being stock, or you want to haul crayons and cheesecakes, then you need the heat shield.

If you like the idea of losing excess weight wherever possible and won't be hauling heat-sensitive items in the rear trunk (and no, it won't get hot enough to fry eggs), then lose it. This has been discussed before BTW, so there are a lot of comments on this in the archives.

The right answer for you depends on YOUR use of the car.
914-8
I like my eggs over easy, thanks!

IPB Image
So.Cal.914
What type of header and muffler are you going to use? If it is one with a super

trap and isn't even going to be in that area it dosen't matter. You would not be

the first to remove it.
Joe Ricard
My 70 never had it. Been fine for all this time.
I now have a Tangerine and the trunk does not get as hot.
I used to put some insulation under my race tire to keep it from getting too hot. and the side wall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.