Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine and Transmission mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blitZ
My engine and transmission mounts have no rubber pieces, like I have read they should have. I'm going to get new mounts. I assume the rubber donut for the engine mount goes on top, above the mounting plate? I

The transmission mount is the same way, no rubber damper at all.

I'm thinking of using JWest hard nylon mounts for the engine and the solid mounts from PP for the transmission, anyone else use these?

Thanks
BAM
QUOTE(blitZ @ Mar 13 2007, 06:21 AM) *

My engine and transmission mounts have no rubber pieces, like I have read they should have. I'm going to get new mounts. I assume the rubber donut for the engine mount goes on top, above the mounting plate? I

The transmission mount is the same way, no rubber damper at all.

I'm thinking of using JWest hard nylon mounts for the engine and the solid mounts from PP for the transmission, anyone else use these?

Thanks

Hi blitZ,

I have sold and installed the JWest nylon mounts and have had nothing but good feedback… Regarding the Trans mounts, personally I am not a big fan of the solid mounts. I like to install 911 sport engine mounts and used them as 914 transmission mounts, also nothing but good feedback. Hope this helps.

JP
blitZ
I was looking at the 911 sport mounts also. Are the aftermarket brands as good as the OEM?

rhodyguy
if i read this correctly...for your 76', the engine mounts (039 199 231) are inboard on top (near the center) of the engine support bar. the front outside mounts are pieces of steel (914 375 181 00).

k
Bleyseng
The engine bar is bolted without any rubber at the ends to the chassis. At the engine behind the fan is two rubber mounts. Those do go bad and are cheap.
On the tranny mounts, some like the 911 solid engine mounts (sport) or the 914/6 ones.
The 914/4 tranny mounts are not solid rubber and pretty soft so they fail the easiest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.