Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Judging
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
kenschipper
I would be happy to help to organize the judgeing. It is always fun to get something so I created a sample list of catagories.

It can be a pain to compile if you do it by hand so I can also put together a quick data base to enter the results in.

Can bring along a laptop and projector so we can take pictures of all of the cars and display the winners. Just need a white wall or screen.

My wife has a graphics design business so we can put together a very nice certificate for each winner which includes a photo of their car. Could even have them ready on site if I brought a printer.

Let me know what you think.
McMark
That sounds.... GREAT!!! thumb3d.gif

It'd be nice not to have to think about this.

I only have one existing thought to share. I was thinking that I wanted to have people sign up for one category for judging. Then all the cars hoping for an award (Best Six, for example) will all part together. So the peer judges can walk back and forth between a small number of cars, close together, and pick the best.

One other thing. If your wife would like to take a stab at making a WestCoastRamble '07 T-Shirt/Logo/Banner type design I would be deeply greatful. As of yet I still don't have any sort of graphic to go with the event and I think having a graphic ASAP would lend some credibility to the event. wink.gif
kenschipper
I will have Kathy take a look at a logo.

I have mixed feelings about peer judgeing. Personally I would like to have an opinion about all the cars. Part of the fun of judgeing is walking around and talking to others about the different cars. Someone always points out something you were never aware of. There were things I learned in the past that helped when I purchased my 6. It's also fun to see your favorite(s) win. I'm ok with anything the group decides though.

Is there a way to get this over to the planning fourm other than copy and paste?
ClayPerrine
Mark.

What we have done in the past at MUSR was to setup some classes, then have everyone vote on all the classes.

Our classes were:

Stock 4 cylinder
Modified 4 cylinder (Suby engine, big 4, backdated bumpers, flares, etc)
Stock 6 cylinder
Modified 6 and 8 Cylinder.

Best Daily driver (all cars can be daily drivers, it is specified by the owner)
Best in Show (criteria is "the car you would want to take home if the owner would let you" and this is a prepetual trophy)

Most original (only the stock 4 and 6 cars are entered. This is a prepetual trophy in our event, and there are 3 judges, last year's winner,the car show head, and the event organizer).
Dirtiest Engine Bay..... (self Explanatory.. and some people TRY to get this one)

We just issue a simple ballot where they pick their first 3 choices for each class, then the show organizer tallies the votes.

We also have the "Crimson Shaft". This is the award of shame. It is given to the person who does the stupidest thing at the event. At the awards banquet, we have open nominations, and then a show of hands vote to determine who is blessed with that dubious honor. After Charlie got it Twice, we put a lifetime limit of 3 times on it. Ask DaveD about how he won it for breaking a rocker in Ed Mayo's 914.

It's simple, and it works.

Hope that helps with the planning for you.
kenschipper
Great ideas Clay. I'll add some of them into the list.

Ken Schipper
McMark
I like the idea of voting for your top three choices in each category. We can use this information to break a possible tie.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.