Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tranny mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bhfast
looking for opinions on transmission mounts. for a street/auto-x car. six with side shifter if that matters.
Brian driving.gif
airsix
My vote is for sport mounts. I have solids, and while they make shifting and throttle response very nice they do cause a lot of noise. People say "you'll get a lot of vibration" which isn't really accurate. I don't feel any vibration, but they turn the chassis into a big speaker for engine and gear noise. That's fine when I have a helmet on or am out doing spirited driving, but going to and from work it gets tiring. I'll eventually switch to sport mounts.

-Ben M.
Brad Roberts
What Ben said.

I normally run solid rears and stock rubber fronts (rules thing) but daily driving the noise does wear on you. However... the shifting is much improved.

B
Mike D.
what do you think about making your own solid mount out of a block of aluminum? Doesn't seem that hard to make, but would it crack?

-Mike D.
porsche735
I have solid rears and rubber fronts as well. Aluminum would probably work as there is not really any give at all to the solid mounts. However, the plasitc material may act as an anti-friction material to let the transmission move slightly...

Chris
echocanyons
I prefer the solids in the rear also.

I ran with solids all of last year ~2000miles and Actually prefer the feel.
ChrisFoley
I didn't like the Weltmeister solid rear mounts. They loosened up frequently, and the plastic kept wearing. I went back to the stock rear mounts and made aluminum spacers for the front. I may switch to the sport rear mounts. For a street car I would not choose solid mounts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.