Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To anyone with polished wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
i went to a shop yesterday to see how much it would be to get my 2.0 fuch polished and from what i've read here and there, i was expecting it to be 50-75 per rim, but the place said 150 per to polish the whole rim, is this about right? seems high to me? any info on prices you paid would be helpful. thanks
Qarl
Go on the Pelican 911 and board and search for Al Reed.

There's also a guy in Tampa, FL on e-bay. I think he posts in the classifieds here and on the Pelican 914 classifieds... Fasty something.... You can get a set of refinished wheels for less. Maybe you can trade in!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....hreadid=1306361
914rick
Yep, that's exactly what I paid to have mine done locally. But they look really good. $150 per seems to be the going rate. I was quoted $100 per if I wanted to keep them looking original.
Rick
Eddie Williams
Al Reed
(714) 632-3907
3010 E. Coronado #A
Anaheim Ca. 92806
Joe Bob
Al's the guy.....
elmonte
Weidmans Wheels
1675 Wayandotte Ave
Oroville,CA 530-534-7903

$145 to strip, paint and polish 15x8 fuchs
AZ914
I agree, I like Al. These were the SC Fuchs with anodized lip and black centers before Al got a hold of 'em... $75 a wheel. He is great to work with as well... The 2.0 Fuchs may cost more if you want him to polish the backgrounds as well.
skline
There is also a place in Huntington Beach called California Polishing that does an excellent job for about $80.00 a wheel for full polish. If you need more info, let me know.
Eric_Shea
Metal Masters in Salt Lake did mine... less than $70 each:
rezron
Al Reed did a nice job polishing my fuchs! I paid $85 each, but I sent them through a middleman. I think it was $7.50
each to polish the centers and only another $2.50 each to
hand paint the Porsche crest on the centers. mueba.gif

rezron
dwillouby
Stockton Wheel in Ca. quoted me 75 per wheel to fully polish a 16 fuch. After work was completed they now wanted 125 per wheel. Good work although.
need4speed
SMS Metal Polishing in San Luis Obispo did my 15x5.5 Fuchs 4 lug (replicas) (the ones on the Ghia in my avatar) for $70/wheel - including the wolfsburg-crest center caps, and they applied fresh enamel paint to the design.

Unfortunately, it took them three months to get the wheels back to me. . .
biosurfer1
ya, stockton wheel is the place i went to first and they dont do it inhouse anymore, so they sent me to the place they use, and they were the ones who wanted the 130 per wheel, i'm thinking i'm just going to try to do them myself and if i mess up just fork over the money to have them done professionally...the hard part is that i really like the fully polished look and thats where it gets expensive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.