Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I made an engine crank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I made an engine crank to roughly test my cylinder pressures before I completely tear down my engine. It connects to the front pulley and worked pretty well. I wanted a baseline to judge the work I am about to do.
Cylinder 1 - 112 psi
Cylinder 3 - 110 psi
Cylinder 4 - 112 psi smilie_pokal.gif this is going pretty good for a cold engine and a hand crank.
Cylinder 2 - sad.gif 25psi fading to 0 psi headbang.gif (insert a Hommer "dope")
I guess I will have more work to do. smash.gif Air is bleeding past the exhaust valve. (and yes I did check to see if there was clearance between the rocker and the valve when it was closed)
It just adds to the fun of owning a teener. (and the pocket book ) clap56.gif
davep
You might want to try getting that exhaust valve open and blowing air through the spark plug hole. or the exhaust port just in case there is a piece of crap stuck on the seat. See if you can rotate the valve.

DaveP
tracks914
Been there, done that.
No biggy though, I have my own valve grinding machine and can do my own heads. It's just more work than I had hoped, but when they are done... mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.