Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What part do I need
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
My car did not have the front suspension cover (on the bottom of the car). The shield that protects the tie rods and fuel tank line access holes.

So I need a replacement.

I also have the aluminum crossmember from a Carrera.

So my questions are..

Can I use the standard 914 cover plate?

Are they the same as a 911 cover plate? If so, what years are interchangable?

Or do I need a Carrera cover plate?

There seems to be different part numbers in the PET listings.

There is also one on e-bay.
garyh
QUOTE(kellzey @ Nov 27 2003, 07:33 PM)
Can I use the standard 914 cover plate?
Does the crossmember have the same mounting tabs for the plate as the stock one?

QUOTE(kellzey @ Nov 27 2003, 07:33 PM)
There is also one on e-bay.
Let me check my stash and see if I have one. 75% chance...

Otherwise, it's just a mostly flat piece of metal.
brant
Kellzey,

No.. (If I remember right).. the crossmember does not have the same mounting points and a 914 one will not fit up with out some modifications.....

I think we tooki a 914 one and made some simple bends and mods + maybe added a mounting tab... I can't remember exactly what all we did, but it wasn't difficult.

I have no idea if a 911 plate would match, but if you find/buy a 914 plate it can be modified without too much grief.

brant
TheCabinetmaker
Karl, I have a few. let me know.

Curt
JFJ914
Karl,

You need 911 341 161 04 from a Carrera. I haven't mounted mine yet but a trial "hold up" indicates it will fit as well as it does on the Carrera. That means the little x 1/4" lip in front will not seal the area with or without the rubber seal. It fits well around the pedal box and has an opening under the passenger side that has some hoses comming out of it on the Carrera.
Qarl
Thanks John!

Okay. Does anyone have the suspension cover plate from a Carrera with the part number John has. It should be in good condition (straight and not rusty). Paint finish isn't important as I will repaint it.

PM or e-mail me and let me know how much (including shipping) to FL.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.