Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GROUP BUY: Tangering 1 3/4 Headers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
NEED ONE MORE BUYER. ANYONE?

Group Buy on TANGERINE EVO STREET HEADERS: 1 ¾’

Chris Foley builds the best Type IV headers available. They are the preferred headers used by Jake Raby of Air Cooled Technology. Chris had agreed to do a Group Buy on a complete 1 ¾” system: Stub pipes through muffler. Details of the system with photos can be found at: http://www.tangerineracing.com/Super_Header.htm

This is the newest version of Chris’s race proven technology applied to motors designed for the street and operating below 6000 RPM. This header system has proved itself on Dyno runs for motors 2270 and larger.

Terms of the Group Buy:

Price: $1,895 which is a $300 savings
Buy is for a minimum of 15 sets
$600 deposit is required to get on the list
First sets will ship in three to four weeks, last sets ship about 12 weeks out
(Remember, these are custom/hand made)
Buyer will pay for shipping: about $45 to $65
Set is the complete system, no modifications or other sizes at this price

To get in on the buy, please email me and I will relay the information on placing your deposit. Do not post or send PM to reserve please, email only. Reservation cut off date is March 31

My email: greg.robbins@cox.net

Note: All payment will be made to C F R-Tangerine Racing Products by check or PayPal. If using PayPal, there will be a 3% charge to cover the PayPal fee.
bernbomb914
maybe, if the existing headers are to small for the new engine.
gregrobbins
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Mar 15 2007, 07:00 PM) *

maybe, if the existing headers are to small for the new engine.

What you use for headers will depend on your head work and size of the motor. Here is a quote from Racer Chris from another board:
Jake has recommended the 1 3/4" size for 2270's with LE200 heads, based on dyno results.

Flat VW had stainless steel heat exchangers on his Raby 2270 and was told by Jake that headers would get him an additional 15 HP.

Headers are a way to increase power with a simple bolt on application.

If you are running a stock motor, these are over kill unless you plan on building a bigger motor in the future. Then this is a good buy as prices of materials and labor will only go up in the future.
bernbomb914
are these stainless steel?
gregrobbins
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Mar 17 2007, 10:16 AM) *

are these stainless steel?

I need Chris to pipe in here. I know the sub pipes are made of stainless, but not sure about the headers. However the headers are coated. Here is what it says on the Tangerine Header web site:

H/T Coating is High Temperature Aluminum Ceramic by Central CT Coatings.
It is recommended for heat retention, appearance and longevity.
ChrisFoley
The stup pipes and mufflers are stainless. The header is not stainless, hence the coating.
Jake Raby
Thats a damn good deal!!

Chris is the only exhaust manufacturer that continually works with us on development of better and better exhaust systems.

Building a big engine only to outfit it with inadequate exhaust is a waste of money and parts!

With a performance TIV, exhaust is everything, I have seen Chris' headers bolt on 20HP and allow another 12+ to be tuned into the engine.
orcadigital
I personally vouch for the system as well. I have the Garretson headers (as i understand it, they created the original molds that the Tangerine ones are designed from) and it was a definate bolt on upgrade. With a different intake, and a stock 2.0 4cyl, it was a massive difference, especially in midrange torque.

For an improvement that doesnt bump you in PCA Club Racing, its a huge upgrade.
ConeDodger
I too can vouch for the performance increase. They are art work to look at. The sound is amazing. I paid more sad.gif But on the plus side... You don't have to. GROUP BUY!!!!
Tobra
I too can vouch for the mellifluous sounds emitted through the tangerine, RR's car sounds sweeet, hopefuly it has the right (Non-The Andante)lug bolts on it by now. If not, I think the Audi ones work, but are 17 mm instead of 19 mm on the nut end and are a bit less expensive. Makes me wish I had a sack of cash, actually a lot of things make me wish that
ChrisFoley
I want to mention that I am upgrading my stub pipes beginning with this group of headers.
From now on all my Improved and Modified stubbies will be made of T321 stainless tubes with T304 stainless flanges and mounting ears.
In the past they were T304 tubes with mild steel tabs and flanges.
This will provide improved crack resistance and increase the lifespan of the stub pipes.
malaga_red75
Hey guys,

I'm running a 1.8 completely stock headers and a bursch exhaust. Would these make a noticible difference as far as hp?

-Peter
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(malaga_red75 @ Mar 22 2007, 03:52 AM) *

Hey guys,

I'm running a 1.8 completely stock headers and a bursch exhaust. Would these make a noticible difference as far as hp?

-Peter

A stock 1.8 won't benefit from a 1 3/4" header. If you are planning a swap or rebuild to something more powerful then this is a great deal.
914werke
So Chris the application is stock 2.0 and above?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 22 2007, 07:32 PM) *

So Chris the application is stock 2.0 and above?

The 1 3/4" header is overkill for a stock 2 liter and won't provide the best performance, but the Group Buy price is lower than the regular 1 5/8" system price. If you have any plans for a bigger engine in the future I would say this is a good choice.
Jake Raby
Anyone considering one of my kit engines of 2316cc or larger or a turnkey of 2270 Performer tune or higher should be interested in these headers in the 1-3/4 size.. More and more combos that previously liked the 1-5/8 systems now make better power with the 1-3/4 system and thats mostly due to the LE series cylinder heads.

These heads have opened doors for new exhaust and camshaft alterations that previously negatively impacted performance and efficiency.
gregrobbins
Bump
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 22 2007, 04:15 PM) *
The 1 3/4" header is overkill for a stock 2 liter and won't provide the best performance, but the Group Buy price is lower than the regular 1 5/8" system price...

Oh how I long for the day when the USA fully converts to the Metric System. These fractional gymnastic computations are for the birds! dry.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
BTW, very nice looking/engineered system. Wish I had the disposable income as well.
gregrobbins
icon_bump.gif

One week left and there are still sets available.
charlesmac
I know there are some of yall that NEED this system. If that's you, come on and let's make this deal happen. I don't know if you can tell or not, but I really want this group buy to go through. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
gregrobbins
Last day for reservations, still need buyers. You will never find them this cheap again. Cost of materials and labor keep going up.
gregrobbins
Need one more buyer. Anyone?
charlesmac
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.