Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine swap option, Subaru 260 hp
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Malmz
If anybody wants to jump into a Subbie swap with tons of power:

Subbie complete front clip

You would need to modify the intercooler location, but this is the whole front clip. I emailed the guy after the auction and his $2800 price was it, but that seems to me like a hellava deal. You could probably sell off enough to make a grand back.

Hmmm, wonder if there is any way to modify this trans to be front wheel drive only... then it would be a whole bolt in package.

Somebody buy this and install it, it would be cool!

sm
Malmz
They have another one on there right now. Is this a US spec one though with the lower hp?

current running front clip
anthony
I see that in neither auction they mention the running condition. Could be an expensive mistake.
need4speed
The first guy said 50k miles. That should say something.

Anyway - how involved is a Subaru engine conversion?

I remember hearing that the WRX used a flat-4 design - is that similar enough to make a conversion easy? Or is it a pain in the keister?
Mueller
how easy??

the engine bolts to the adapter plate which bolts to the transmission = EASY

needs a radiator, two kits out there and plenty of DIY'rs for referance = EASY

the rest of the conversion is going to kick your ass financially and mentally wink.gif

no kits for bolting the engine to the car, the exhaust for the turbos might be in the way of something, same for the intake.......

the easiest method to control the fuel and ignition will also be the most expensive since IMHO, an aftermarket fuel management is the only way to go.

Eric Tisher (sp?) did this conversion twice (one 4 cyl and one 6 cyl) not sure how many man hours he has into it, but he is a pretty bright and resourceful kid smash.gif
anthony
Wouldn't going with the stock Subaru fuel injection be the easiest/cheapest method if you were doing a conversion?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.