Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to find a good Porsche repair shop....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
OK, New to me 88 944 NA is home. After 100 miles of fun driving yesterday I now have a clicking / clanking sound from driver rear. Guys on pelican feel it is a CV or maybe a bearing issue. I plan to check the CV bolts to make sure they are tight, but if they need to be replaced / repacked or more, then I need to find a good shop that knows 944. I'm not ready to start taking things apart just yet. Car only has 62K on it.

Looking places close to the IL/IN Chicago are boarder or in Northern Indiana. So who do ya know????
buck toenges
I got a good porsche trained mechanic here in Fort wayne that took care of my 944 turbo until I sold it.
Buck
rigglet
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I could also use a good/reputable repair shop for my 914 in the Indianapolis area (if anyone knows of one). I'd like to get someone to take a listen to the motor and look over the rust repairs that need to be done.
sk8kat1
is naperville IL to far ?
GaroldShaffer
Nope I have a trailer biggrin.gif
sk8kat1
If it's close enough, Becker Service Center Inc. on Naperville Road.

(630) 983-5500

Call Jim Becker,

this guy was recomended to me .. he does alot of porsche work and does suspension setup / alginment... give him a try . when I went there there were 3-4 ass draggers that were just employee cars .
BigDBass
Does Brad not do 944s?
mudfoot76
QUOTE(rigglet @ Mar 19 2007, 05:28 PM) *

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I could also use a good/reputable repair shop for my 914 in the Indianapolis area (if anyone knows of one). I'd like to get someone to take a listen to the motor and look over the rust repairs that need to be done.

For engine work, try Brian Stewart:

http://www.autocarsportsandclassics.com/

He's on the west side of Indy, near 10th and Country Club (past Ben Davis HS). He's a former F1 guy, and the times I've been by his place there is usually one or two 70's vintage F1 cars in for service. Plus hoardes of euro exotics. Yes, he'll work on teeners. I don't know if he does body work though. You're probably on your own there. Hardly anyone in the city will touch a 914 anymore dry.gif

Avoid Farmer.
sk8kat1
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Mar 20 2007, 08:22 AM) *

Does Brad not do 944s?

peoria might be a bit far from IN .. but I have no idea if he would touch a 944 - -he just started 911 again
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

If you guys would consider N.W. Ohio. There is a guy in Findlay Ohio, he really knows Porsche cars . This past yr. I have seen every thing from 356's to twin torbo 911, 914's,924's,944's,Boxters. Also does race car prep. Just finished a resto on a old Mercedes and is starting a Karmen Gia. If interested E-Mail carmantab@yahoo.com phone # 1-419-957-7210. Great guy Dave slap.gif
SGB
Cowabunga thats a purty ninefourfour.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.