Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheap used 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
Is there a such thing as a cheap used working 2.0 914 engine anymore?
VaccaRabite
Not on the East Coast, unless you get a steal... All the cheap parts are in Cali.

Zach
jimkelly
what do you consider a cheap 2.0 ??

$500

$1000

$1500

jim
bd1308
Thats a good point Jim,

I think 1000 would be a great deal for an engine with less than 50k miles.
r_towle
might want to ask Grasshopper.
He is going to build a six, but he has quite a few parts cars, and he is close enough to drive to.
Also, think about coming to Hershey...I have seen whole motors there in the past.

Rich
BiG bOgGs
Hs anyone had any experience with long blocks from either of these places?

Import motor

GEX
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(BiG bOgGs @ Mar 17 2007, 03:27 PM) *

Hs anyone had any experience with long blocks from either of these places?

Import motor

GEX

av-943.gif

Wait--are you serious?

Uhh, do a search on those names. Make sure you're wearing nomex when you read the threads...

--DD
Twystd1
Gex And Import Motors... OMG...!!!!!!!!!

Check out this site with the search function and google these guys.

You can spend hours reading about these guys.

I STRONGLY suggest you do your homework before even attempting to talk with either of these company's.

NOTE: If you have a relatively decent REBUILABLE 2.0 long block. And the heads need the basics like seats, valves, springs, valve job, guides and basic machining AND NOT SERIOUS WELDING AND REPAIR. YOU can build your long block out for under 1500 bucks.

This would give you a basicly new engine. Add a Raby cam and lifters to the bowl of soup and a few other goodys. Your looking at 2K if you add up all the little parts you might want to add.

NOTE: This is engine only.. Not all the FI or Ignition goodys that may need to be adjusted, rebuilt, repaired or bought new.

This assumes you have the knowledge to assemble it yourself. And you have a machinist that will do your head, crank, block and cylinder work to a known spec. The you simply assemble using your original pistons.

Add 500 bucks or so for 96s...

If you have connections you could do a stock build for 1200 bucks or less... Just depends on who you know and who owes you a favor.

OR... Pay Jake the 5K (thats a good deal.. believe it) and get a best case scenario kit.

Thats my .02 worth...

Clayton
Your friendly cheap bastid.....
rhodyguy
i think a good running plug and play djet 2.0 for 1k is optimistic.

k
BiG bOgGs
Easy guys....easy.... it was just a question.
LarryR
I saw a real nice 2.0 on ebay that had a fresh rebuild on it... powder coated engine tin, new P&C ... No one bid on it for 2650 last week.

There was a 2.0 on Craigslist in the bay area about a week ago too... freshly removed for 850.
sww914
I think that import motors and gex don't really rebuild motors, they clean, repair, and repaint them. broken parts are replaced, mostly, but some pretty worn out parts are reused. I think they generally use the cheapest parts they can find, regardless of how low the quality is.
bd1308
no djet.

im done with 30 year old injection
Tobra
that old bosch FI is really a great system. I know where you can get a 2 liter with freshly redone top end for less than a grand
bd1308
well its very relieving to find a 2.0 914 engine.

911quest
There's a couple of guys here in Louisville that have enough parts to build one.You could do it for a grand if you not worried about stock parts and not having 800.00 camshafts and cermic lifters and balance blueprinted push rod tubes. blink.gif
bd1308
we need to meet sometime....

Plus I have to see your 914/6 or that 912 you have.
911quest
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Mar 18 2007, 06:47 PM) *

we need to meet sometime....

Plus I have to see your 914/6 or that 912 you have.

It's a 65 911 you saw it up at the drive-in last summer
bd1308
that was a neat time....I remember that car vividly....

I'm sorry I called that 911 a 914 or a 912

I remember now, that car was very nice
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.