Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mocal sandwich adaptor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
So I completed my external cooler install yesterday. Fired her up, found a couple of small leaks: one at the cooler and then two at the mocal thermostat. Both leaks at the thermostat were where the brass fittings thread into the thermo (not on the hose side of the fitting).

I put a little extra muscle on each of the offending locations this morning and took her our for a spin. All dry except one of the areas at the thermo (same as above). Torqued it a little more...starter her up...still leaking. mad.gif

Honestly I am afraid to get on it any more for fear of stripping it out. Any ideas anyone? It is a slow drip. Once the motor is running I can watch and see the oil slowly forming where the brass fitting mates with the body of the thermostat.

Help!!!
sww914
Can you remove the brass fitting from the thermostat body and seal it with a bit of teflon?
nebreitling
you need to use some tape on the fittings.
jr91472
implementing now....thank you
GS Guy
You did use the special fittings on the adapter right? With the flat washers? They use some kind of British parallel pipe thread - not compatible with anything else. The washers (I gather) seal the fitting. When I got my sandwich adapter from BAT I had them send the correct fittings with it - mine were steel not brass. I guess the sealing surfaces of both the fitting and sandwich adapter have to be perfectly clean and flat. I'd also clean and use a little locktite on the threads.

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.