Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big Brake solutions for the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LarryR
I was wondering what brakes can be run on the 914. I am aware of what can be done on the front. I am going to run 911 struts and there are tons of options there.

I was just wondering what can be done on the rear. I was thinking that running some sort of radial mount caliper would make it just a matter of getting the correct adaptor made and you could run boxster brakes, big reds or what ever.

Instead of reinventing the wheel... or brakes in this case I was just wondering what is out there, who offers it etc. At a minimum I would like to run boxster brakes and would really like to run big reds or S4's...
Aaron Cox
google VCI brakes.

what 911 struts are you getting? MOST brake options are designed for the 3.5" struts.... ,(vci makes s4 adapters for 3" M struts)

your next paramater is WHEEL SIZE.
the hugemongous (and for 99% of applications, unneeded) rotors will not fit under anything smaller than a 17" wheel.

boxsters,
996TT etc....

VCI and a few others make rotors and hat solutions to run anything you can adapt.

AA
LarryR
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Mar 17 2007, 11:04 PM) *

google VCI brakes.

what 911 struts are you getting? MOST brake options are designed for the 3.5" struts.... ,(vci makes s4 adapters for 3" M struts)

your next paramater is WHEEL SIZE.
the hugemongous (and for 99% of applications, unneeded) rotors will not fit under anything smaller than a 17" wheel.

boxsters,
996TT etc....

VCI and a few others make rotors and hat solutions to run anything you can adapt.

AA

Thanks Aaron, that is exactly the info I was looking for. I will be running the 17" wheels and I will be pushing somewhere in the 400 - 500 hp range so the big brakes will be well utilized thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.