Full Version: Let's try one more time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
Engine mount tweaked so here goes:

I need these parts:

*Bracket that bolts to body to accept engine mount bolt and nut
*Bolt that connects presumably bent (tweaked) engine bar to body
*Engine bar that holds engine

Due to un-forseen circumstances, I hit a muffler going 75mph.

I need these parts quickly as damage worse than I noticed.

Thank you
scotty b
A muffler bent your engine mount bar? blink.gif Was the muffler embedded in the asphalt? rolleyes.gif
bd1308
no, i ran over it with my 914 when it came off of another 914 on the way to a meet.
rhodyguy
britt, note whether your car has a side shift or tail shift. most of those parts are style specific. on the "bracket that bolts to body...", do you mean the small rectangular piece with 2 small holes and a larger one in the center?

k
bd1308
side shift and yes....that rectangular piece
rhodyguy
pelican sells them BRAND NEW for $14.69 each. the bolt and nut you can find at any hardware store.

k
scotty b
That's what you get for driving behind one of those P.O.S. NARP's poke.gif Sorry that's all I can do to help ya smile.gif
LarryR
To bad you are so far away ... I have all that stuff coming off my car to make way for a v8. sawzall-smiley.gif
bd1308
QUOTE(LarryR @ Mar 18 2007, 06:10 PM) *

To bad you are so far away ... I have all that stuff coming off my car to make way for a v8. sawzall-smiley.gif

make me a deal I cant refuse and I'll pay you for your first tank or two of gas wink.gif
John
I have a sideshift engine mount bar. I used my c-shaped bar to body mounts, so I don't think I can help out there.

How about $10 + shipping. I would have to go out there and box it up....
bd1308
Hmm.....

OK.

I'll just need that bracket...If I can get a link to the PP area for that U channel piece( i dont know what to look for) and what grade bolt to get, I'll be set.

smile.gif
Dave_Darling
Do you have the PET? How about the PDF file you can download from one of the Porsche dealer websites? If you do, you can look up the part number yourself. It's 914 375 181 00; they call it a "base". Do a search for that number on the Bird site, and you get the following page:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearc...;FILTER_9144=ON

Note the very first thing on the list of items on the page...

--DD
John
Britt,

I found a sideshift bar with the rubber mounts for the engine AND two c-shaped bar to body mounts. (and one mount bolt)

How about $20.00 + shipping or send me $40 and I'll box it up now and ship it tomorrow.

PM me for my paypal account.
bd1308
got it.

Thanks all!
rwjames
Britt,

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

Anytime you need parts like this fast, there are at least 4 guys in the Louisville area that have parted many 914's and probably have what you need in their junk pile if it's a used part you want.

Rich
G e o r g e
icon_bump.gif

Again it has something to do with mufflers... biggrin.gif
tdgray
That is some funny shit George chairfall.gif
TROJANMAN
did you use that new search feature to find this george?
chairfall.gif

G e o r g e
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ May 11 2007, 01:23 PM) *

did you use that new search feature to find this george?
chairfall.gif

ultimate 914 search engine: also known as "How I spent my summer vacation"
balljoint
Wow. 21 pages. I am shocked. And awed. smile.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Mar 18 2007, 12:58 PM) *

Engine mount tweaked so here goes:

I need these parts:

*Bracket that bolts to body to accept engine mount bolt and nut
*Bolt that connects presumably bent (tweaked) engine bar to body
*Engine bar that holds engine

Due to un-forseen circumstances, I hit a muffler going 75mph.

I need these parts quickly as damage worse than I noticed.

Thank you

It was a good thing you didn't have coolant hoses running exposed under your

car. cool_shades.gif
TravisNeff

You can bend the engine mount/bar back straight. put the bent end in a vice, grab the opposite side and bend away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.