Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Came home on the end of a hook
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I puked enough oil out of it that the oil pressure started to drop so I shut it down and called AAA. The guy was pissed because it left oil all over the bed. Tow trucks should be oily!

I tried rearranging the crankcase ventilation everyway I can think of. This time I put an early oil filler on so there was no PC valve at all. I routed it and the heads to a puke bottle. It was full in 5 miles (probably a pint) plus it overflowed all over the engine compartment, a puddle on the street and the afore mentioned oil on the tow truck. I haven't checked the sump yet. I looks like I built a pretty efficient oil pump.

It appears there must be a ton of blowby. The was a lot of crankcase gases coming out of the vent in the puke bottle. It was blowing enough at idle that I couldn't seal it with my hand. Anyway, it's coming apart again. It looks like next Saturday's light off party will be an autopsy party.

I can hardly wait to see what the cylinders and rings look like. We'll get a look on Saturday.

Dave
rhodyguy
zoiks. crate it up and send it to georgia.

k
bd1308
fourth times the charm huh blink.gif

sixnotfour
Bummer
KELTY360
Dave - that really blows barf.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist sad.gif
Tobra
too bad, hopefully nothing terminal
Martin Baker
Dave, I admire your resolve...your patience is level HUGE. Hope you work it out, and get to enjoy your car soon.

Bleyseng
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Mar 18 2007, 01:31 PM) *

I puked enough oil out of it that the oil pressure started to drop so I shut it down and called AAA. The guy was pissed because it left oil all over the bed. Tow trucks should be oily!

I tried rearranging the crankcase ventilation everyway I can think of. This time I put an early oil filler on so there was no PC valve at all. I routed it and the heads to a puke bottle. It was full in 5 miles (probably a pint) plus it overflowed all over the engine compartment, a puddle on the street and the afore mentioned oil on the tow truck. I haven't checked the sump yet. I looks like I built a pretty efficient oil pump.

It appears there must be a ton of blowby. The was a lot of crankcase gases coming out of the vent in the puke bottle. It was blowing enough at idle that I couldn't seal it with my hand. Anyway, it's coming apart again. It looks like next Saturday's light off party will be an autopsy party.

I can hardly wait to see what the cylinders and rings look like. We'll get a look on Saturday.

Dave

I'll bring my gloves and extra work clothes to help? Sh*tF*ckG*damnit.

914werke
sad.gif confused24.gif smash.gif
ablose58
blink.gif sad.gif icon8.gif That's not guud !!!!!! AL
Aaron Cox
jake offered to hop a plane... take him up on it smile.gif

im sure you will get this covered! perseverance and patience you have is awesome!
PinetreePorsche
Allright--you went out for a drive and it starts to behave like this. That's a lot of quick wear on theose rings. Maybe one of them broke. Do a standard comp. test first. then, maybe, a lesk-down. Might it be a possibility of something blocked in the oil system? Before you take it out and tear it down. Just trying to save you some time, $.
DNHunt
One thing I need to say. Though all my troubles both Jake and Charles have been great as you can see from Jake's post above. I'm sure we'll find the problem and all shake our heads and say "Why didn't i think of that sooner?" We'll tear it down Saturday and see what we find. It should make for an interesting party.

Dave
aircooledboy
No sheeet! blink.gif

Damn Dave. sad.gif
mstein95
Keep the faith Dave.

headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.