Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sebring Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Been home for a couple of hours, unpacking, doing laundry, decompressing. Anyway, despite the weather on Thursday and Friday, I know I enjoyed myself, but then again I've been coming to the 12 Hours since 1984 (quite a few as a paid employee) and previously I was at every USGP at the Glen from 1966 to 1979. I hope you enjoy the week through my eyes. Some are marginal, I thought a few were good. I wish I still had my Nikkor manual 35mm for the track shots.

T.C.

a. Audi in the Hairpin right before I saw Doug (Ein 6er) while I was searching for Joe's Series 9 compound.
carr914
b. Babes
carr914
c. Corvette Helmets at rest.
carr914
d. Dario Franchitti after a stint. Sorry, no sign of his beautiful wife.
carr914
e. Elevated. A sight a few of you might find too similar
carr914
f. Franchitti.
carr914
g. Graham Rahal. He was much taller than I expected.
carr914
h. Helio Castroneves signing a helmet for me
carr914
i. In the Pits
carr914
j. Jorg Bergmeister. Wow what a finish in the GT2 race. Nascar has got NOTHING on these boys
carr914
k. Kanaan, Tony Kanaan
carr914
l. Lizard in the ScarePin
carr914
m. MazdaSpeed, my co-host of the weekend (Skip Barber being the other)
carr914
n. Alan Mc Nish
carr914
o. Oops, it broke
carr914
p. Porsche
carr914
q. Quick for awhile
carr914
r. Ron Fellow's Special Edition Corvette in White for his last Sebring
carr914
s. Sascha Maassen
carr914
t. Timo Bernhard. Man this kid is fast
carr914
u. Utopia, racing at night at Sebring
carr914
v. Vintage
carr914
w. World Points Perks. I get this Helmet after they take the radio set out
carr914
x. Max (The AXE) Angelli trolling the paddock
carr914
y. if I stand on my head
carr914
z. Zoom-Zoom, when it was running. Kept having throttle issues, but drove to the end as an extended test

T.C.
JPB
Cool picks and according to my mom, she said it was a nice race. Thanks for the pics. beer.gif
type47
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 18 2007, 02:33 PM) *

r. Ron Fellow's Special Edition Corvette in White for his last Sebring

biggrin.gif i believe that's Pearl White, if i remember their description happy11.gif
URY914
TC, what did the drivers think of that odd ball helmet?
URY914
OK, I just saw the other thread. biggrin.gif
jgara962
The finish to the GT2 race was amazing!

You did this through World Points? I've seen that on thier site and thought about doing it when American Le Mans comes to Laguna Seca. Was it worth the points? Which level did you do?
SGB
THANK YOU!!
Great pictures. Like I was there. You got some real inside access, eh?

Observations from a fan:
Ron Fellows is a true gentleman.
Mazda is showing great support for sports car racing!
Best finish I've seen in a long time, and even the Audi's had a few challenges, so GT-1 wasn't a bore.

More pit babe pics would not be unappreciated....
carr914
John, Yes, I turned in World Points ( I think 17,000 points, 2 all-access tickets, Mazda Suite and a Drivers worn helmet) as I didn't think Skip Barber was using the time slot. Then Skip Barber (with new Mazda sponsership took their time slot to run the National event, which meant that I was employed for the week with them). I leant the Suite passes to Joe O'Brien (Series 9), so I don't know much about that, but I'm sure that it was nice as it was shared with Panoz. The helmet will be shipped to me after they take the radio out. Would I do the World Points again, Sure, the helmet package I think is a much better package vs. the ones with waving a Flag at a Star Mazda race or a PaceCar lap as you get a Real Helmet. I collect helmets, so I know the value. Plus what was I going to do with my points, get a plane ticket? If I had enough points (I'm close) I'd do Laguna Seca and come see you West Coast teeners.

T.C.

QUOTE(jgara962 @ Mar 18 2007, 11:12 PM) *

The finish to the GT2 race was amazing!

You did this through World Points? I've seen that on thier site and thought about doing it when American Le Mans comes to Laguna Seca. Was it worth the points? Which level did you do?
carr914
John, I just talked to my World Points concierge and he said there only 2 races left with the helmet package, Utah in May and Road America in the summer. I don't know about the other packages availability even though the Flag and pacecar packages are more points (the pace car ride is 40,000 and the ride is in a support race, not the main event)

T.C.
914chris
Few more pictures. Those Kuhmo girls were hot.
jgara962
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 19 2007, 12:31 PM) *

John, I just talked to my World Points concierge and he said there only 2 races left with the helmet package, Utah in May and Road America in the summer. I don't know about the other packages availability even though the Flag and pacecar packages are more points (the pace car ride is 40,000 and the ride is in a support race, not the main event)

T.C.

Thanks for the info wavey.gif

I was on World Points last night, and might blow my whole wad on a Nintendo Wii idea.gif If not, I'm going to sign up for one of the programs a Laguna.
carr914
Doug (Ein 6er) Where are your pictures? I'm OK with you making me look like I'm an amateur, because I am. I just get to be in the right places sometimes.

T.C.
carr914
More Autographs. The Dyson Porsche team
krazykonrad
Thanks for the awesome pics!
Konrad
autohausdolby
Cool! Thanks for those smile.gif I'm going to the 24 heures du Mans this year for the first time and I really, really can't wait biggrin.gif

Rleog
Just back from Florida and slowly working through several gigabytes of shots from Sebring. Bear with me while I get used to posting pics through a URL. If the pic comes through as a URL, can someone let me know how to get it to show as an image.

Thanks

IPB Image

Friday AM inspection. The Penske group covered the rear wing nearly all of the time that they weren't on track.
Rleog
Approaching turn 3 early in the race. The rear wing has two elements, the lower element mid-section isn't canted like the ends are. Must have spent a lot of time in wind tunnel testing.

IPB Image

The first lap

IPB Image

GT-1 and GT-2 on 1st lap

IPB Image

Gotta go for now, but I'll leave with a shot of my favorite Porsche "Cup" car:

IPB Image

autohausdolby
QUOTE(Rleog @ Mar 23 2007, 08:45 AM) *

Just back from Florida and slowly working through several gigabytes of shots from Sebring. Bear with me while I get used to posting pics through a URL. If the pic comes through as a URL, can someone let me know how to get it to show as an image.

Thanks

IPB Image

Friday AM inspection. The Penske group covered the rear wing nearly all of the time that they weren't on track.

I was really looking forward to seeing this race, but they've not entered Le Mans and neither has anybody else with a Spyder sad.gif Everybody says the lack of works entry is because of VAG politics headbang.gif Dunno if that's true though.
Rleog
A few more pics from Thursday's qualifying session, taken at turn 10, a 90 degree right hander approached from 6th gear!

The Spyker C8 appears to finally be sorted well enough to be competitive.

IPB Image

With everyone trying to run hot laps, it was a set up to watch drivers miss their braking points:

IPB Image

The Konrad Motorsport 996 RSR, also a little too late in braking:

IPB Image

And a Panoz on the escape:

IPB Image

Flying Lizard looked strong all through practice and qualifying:

IPB Image

And its nemesis:

IPB Image

Dario wearing Andretti Green:

IPB Image

The silent beast:

IPB Image

The Highcroft Acura:

IPB Image

More later.......

requests?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.