Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Colorado_Doug
What is the difference in a 914 passenger seat and the drivers seat? They look identical to me!
type47
location of the fore-aft adjustment loop?
r_towle
Yup that is all .

just unbolt the runners from the drivers seat, and swap them to the passenger seat, and visa versa, and your good to go.

Rich
Bleyseng
No, the drivers left side bolster has a scoop out of it so your hand can grad the ebrake.

Lots of 914's driving around with two passenger seats these days. chair.gif
Teknon
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 18 2007, 06:14 PM) *

No, the drivers left side bolster has a scoop out of it so your hand can grad the ebrake.

Lots of 914's driving around with two passenger seats these days. chair.gif

I looked in my '73 and the drivers seat to my "70 and there was no significant difference in the seats. What years does it do that? That is a sweet idea if there is one. idea.gif
markb
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 18 2007, 05:14 PM) *

No, the drivers left side bolster has a scoop out of it so your hand can grab the ebrake.

agree.gif
GaroldShaffer
Also look at the back of the seats. You will see the back of head rest angle different directions.
markb
I forgot about that.
Teknon
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 18 2007, 07:30 PM) *

Also look at the back of the seats. You will see the back of head rest angle different directions.

Oh on the door bolster and sweet on the headrests.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(markb @ Mar 18 2007, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 18 2007, 05:14 PM) *

No, the drivers left side bolster has a scoop out of it so your hand can grab the ebrake.

agree.gif

+1 agree.gif

Mine was one of those 914s with two passenger seats. headbang.gif

FWIW, I found was that the handbrake was still easy to use.

BUT...

...there were more differences: the seat had a bit of a "lean" built into it so that it was uncomfortable for longer trips (anything over 30 minutes, and once I noticed it it pretty much bugged me all the time). Also, the backs of the headrests are angled differently to meet up with the (bowed) back window/firewall -- so that anyone with a keen eye will notice the ruse through the back window.

Solution = GTS Classics seats. driving.gif

pete
sean_v8_914
:ttiwwp:zv
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.