Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: May have a respray in store. What color?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DerekKim
Hey everyone. If you have been following my wreckage. Nothing has happened yet. I'm taking it into the auto body class for the community college. HEck it's wrecked anyways. My dad said he would pay for a respray while we were at it. Right now it is a nice bright red. I thought of keeping it but putting some metal flake into it. not much just a bit so we wouldn't have to do sills and everything. If I were to do a color change what do you people think? Mind you if I'm repsraying I don't want anything fancy. I was thinking gunmetal grey. It's always caught my eye. I was thinking something a little less subtle but I don't know. Let me know what y'all think. Pics are more than welcome!
skline
You mean there are other colors out there besides YELLOW? smile.gif

My new project car will of course be the color that draws the least amount of attention, YELLOW!
DerekKim
Yeah yellow is faster but I can't run on a crutch! Serious though I wanted to mellow it out a bit.
Johny Blackstain
I think it's going to be up to you. All I can say is do not go black. Black is beutiful. However, it's very hard to make it look good. It shows every flaw, every speck, every scratch & swirl, etc... It gets dirty 10 seconds after you wash it, but for those 10 seconds... man! Vaders' Tie Fighter!

cool_shades.gif
brp914
to do a color change right you need to remove all paint and start over on bare metal. If you have bondo lurking under there, it needs to be redone. there are lots of nooks and crannies that if not properly prepared may simply peel. All this is big $. Otherwise every little rock chip, scrape, etc is gonna reveal that bright red (if that was the orig. color). If the whole purpose is to look good it has to be done right cuz worn original paint looks better than a mediocre re-do. (imho)
biosurfer1
good move going with the community college route. I'm taking a class right now and i have to say I'm quite impressed with my results so far, not as hard as I thought it would be. Plus you can take your time and do it over and over again until you get the results you want, and all the supplies are there
DerekKim
Well. It's not me doing it but the class. I use to be in the class. I was a little skepticle at first, but they can't screw it up any more than it already is! i'm thinking we should stay the red. It was a respray but not the original color. The original color was the light blue. A very pretty color. Should I put a little bit of flake in to it for some shimmer or keep it the regular red?
John
For my 2 cents, I would spray a solid color. Much easier to touch up/match in the long run. If it is a metallic, I like Silver.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.