Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever seen a reversed Creamsicle/Dreamsicle?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgelinas
Has anyone ever seen a reversed painted Creamsicle/Dreamsicle? I just got a signal orange 914 and thought it would look cool if the bumpers/valances and rockers were painted white with the white reversed PORSCHE lettering on the doors?

What are your thoughts?

Doug
Crazyhippy
barf.gif

But that's just my oppinion.... thumb3d.gif

BJH
DanT
QUOTE(dgelinas @ Mar 18 2007, 09:40 PM) *

Has anyone ever seen a reversed painted Creamsicle/Dreamsicle? I just got a signal orange 914 and thought it would look cool if the bumpers/valances and rockers were painted white with the white reversed PORSCHE lettering on the doors?

What are your thoughts?

Doug

Why not. It is your car and makes it stand out from everyone elses. Some folks paint all the valences and rockers to match the car...
get a really good pic of your car posted and see if any of the photoshop folks can give you some ideas.
Tobra
White may not be the best color for valences, rockers and bumpers. It might look dirty all the time. Had someone do a reverse gulf racing color scheme for me, that looked kinda cool though. Somebody here knows how to do that, unless they quit coming around
Johny Blackstain
I think I mentioned this idea in another thread. The wheels would be very hard to keep looking clean being painted white. Mind you, the black dust doesn't exatly hide on my orange rims. Also the rockers & front spoiler would get pretty chipped up, but if they were made of white gelcoated fiberglass then so what? I like the idea. An orange (phoenix red) car w/ white silouhette Porsche stickers, wheels, rockers, rear valence & front LE spoiler... thumb3d.gif I really think the ultra rare white interior on that combo would be radical & look very sharp & be the icing on the cake smilie_pokal.gif . I don't know about the top... black or orange (I can't decide) but definitely not white. I would also paint the targa bar trim flat black as on the LEs'. My 2 cents & I say go for it!

cool_shades.gif
914werke
I always thought the White over Black would look cool thumb3d.gif
dgelinas
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the feedback (good or bad). I will look for some nice painted bumpers and see what I can come up with. When I do I will share. Before I spend some money on paint and extra parts, I may take a picture of the car and have someone PhotoShop the bumpers, wheels, valences, etc to get a rough idea of the overall picture before progressing.

Any PhotoShoppers out there?

Thanks,

Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.