Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm in trouble...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alpha434
I've got three cars that need track testing, and the only local track is booked completely.

So who knows about how I would go about getting into the state patrol obstacle courses?? The two tracks in Colorado are very small, so most of our track testing can be done in an AutoX setting, but we need a more private venue.

If anyone has ANY ideas, please, jump in. I'm about to start putting componentry into "street racer's" cars just to get any kind of race data. I'm desperate.
Crazyhippy
Rent a parking lot like the AX guys do??
alpha434
I can just rent any kind of parking lot?!?!?!? WHAT?! How do I go about doing it?
alpha434
No seriously, I need a walk through. I'm *only* twenty, here. I don't know where to find a parking lot for rent, or how to go about contacting the owner of a lot that I would like to rent.
Crazyhippy
Talk to the guys puttin on your local AX's. They rent the Parking lot for events, so will know who to contact, and might be able to give you price ballparks...

Also might need to get insurance for the event, Oh yeah and a shitload of cones...

BJH
nebreitling
just go drive your local AX's?
alpha434
I said that that was specifically not an option. Unfortunately, I work with some fairly high-dollar guys, who have dedicated track cars. Nothing gets into competition until it is actually track tested. And neither I, nor anyone else want our names associated with any sort of public failure.
jasons
Why are you publicizing it here if its so secret?
911quest
Failure is a part of racing and a part of building race cars thats how people and cars progress.
Twystd1
Jason,

Cause he is asking for help...

And this is a relatively safe place to do that.

He ain't asking for a rash of shit.

Chris, I would pop on the web and check in with your local scca guys.

They WILL know a place that will be appropriate.

If all else fails. PM some of the Amateur Colorado racers here. You know who they are.

Cheers,

Clayton

alpha434
Quick. Someone show me how to delete this thread. I'm picking up all the douchebags.
jasons
Sorry, I just don't get it. Good luck, either way.
Gint
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Mar 19 2007, 09:20 PM) *

Quick. Someone show me how to delete this thread. I'm picking up all the douchebags.
Keep calling people names and you'll get a little vacation from the site and you won't need to worry about it. There are all of 3 or so rules around here and you're the only one violating one fo them.

I objectively read the comments here and don't find any of them that bad except yours.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Mar 19 2007, 08:20 PM) *

Quick. I'm picking up all the douchebags.

You're picking up what? poke.gif
IPB Image

happy11.gif
jhadler
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Mar 19 2007, 09:20 PM) *

You know, there are a host of folks here that -might- be able to help you. But insulting people is not the way to do it.

-Josh2
Twystd1
Josh2...

U B Right.

Clayton
Tobra
how about a nice big church parking lot on a Saturday or weekday? You make a little donation they might become agreeable.
jhadler
Okay Chris,

Here's one contact you can investigate. Contact the Cloverleaf Kennel Club in Loveland. They have a very large lot that they already rent out to car control clinics and MSF classes. They -might- be amenable to renting it out to your "shop" for a day. Expect the rental to cost a couple grand though. I make no promisses, and will warn you that the surface is less than ideal, it's pretty coarse asphalt. You WILL need to prove to them that you will be carrying sufficient insurance, and that means more than your own personal car insurance. Your "shop" needs to provide proof of insurance to the owners of the site.

Regardless of the site, dog track, airport, church, communuity college, etc., no one will rent out their property for an automotive event without knowing the renter is carrying sufficient insurance to not only protect the property (they don't care about your car, they just care about their property), but protect the site owner from any future liability as well.

The rest is up to you.

For what it's worth, I think your best bet is to just sign up for a Test and Tune event with one of the local Road Racing groups. If what you need to is an actuall track, then that's the only way you're going to do it. Otherwise, pack the cars into a big trailer and haul 'em out to Sandia, or Arroyo Secca, or Hastings, or Hallet, or Miller. I'd mention Heartland Park, but I know that they're also booked 100%. Truth of the matter, if these clients are as big-buck as you imply they are, you should have no problem getting the money to trailer them out to one of the non-colorado tracks for a weekend.

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.