Mid_Engine_914

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL2HF-sFLnc
Dr. Roger
ohhh dang! my heart is beating! friggin farrari
bernbomb914
that was wild

Bernie
gregrobbins
The Farrari driver was VERY agressive, but I thought that the Porsche driver failed to close the door on the final turn letting the Farrari get a nose under him and loosened the Porsche up.
Dave_Darling
Really bogus, too. The path to victory: Shoving your opponent into the wall so he has to back off. Yeeeeaaaahhhh.....

--DD
gregrobbins
Some times the racing line isn't the fastest line.

Porsche should have taken the corner tighter and forced the Farrari to go wide rather than taking the fastest line and allowing the Farrari to get inside.

I thought the Farrari should have been penalized for rough driving, looked like NASCAR.
Martin Baker
Take a close look at the start finish tower when they cross the line...2 black flags are off of the flag stand. I believe they considered black flagging the Ferrari Driver. Best finish I have ever seen. How can you possibly compare the 12 hours of Sebring to NASCAR? This was a fight to the finish. I welcome FERRARI into GT2, and hope that they give PORSCHE a fight in every race. It should be a great season for the fans who only get to watch these great cars. Next time Jorg WILL close the door! He will never forget that moment!
gregrobbins
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Mar 20 2007, 01:48 AM) *

How can you possibly compare the 12 hours of Sebring to NASCAR?

I didn't, I compaired the finishing three turns to NASCAR because of the bumping and banging.
URY914
I agree with Greg on this one, but I don't there a penalty is due. It's hard racing and Jorg didn't protect his ass when me finally got the lead. The surface around turn 17 is very rough and those cars are bouncing across the top of it.

Do people think it would have been different if were Foyt and Andretti?
Allan
Did Porsche protest?
URY914
QUOTE(Headrage @ Mar 21 2007, 06:04 AM) *

Did Porsche protest?

They tried right after the race and they told them to pound sand.
BMXerror
The bumping obviously wasn't intentional. It was a heat of the moment sort of thing. I think the Ferrari would've had the speed to take him without getting into his door, judging by the run he got through the beginning of the corner and the way he pulled away from Jorg on the previous straits. However, he would've had to push it all the way to the limit with ZERO margin for error. He just over did it just a bit. Good race just the same.
Mark D.
BMXerror
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugGMPPj8fyA
You've all probably seen this one, but it's good just the same. Again, a little contact, but I don't think it was intentional or it changed the outcome of anything. driving.gif
Mark D.
nebreitling
any racer worth his salt would have done the same exact thing. period.
URY914
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Mar 21 2007, 10:26 AM) *

thumb3d.gif

grantsfo
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Mar 21 2007, 11:26 AM) *

Yep! Pics posted on the club site clearly show P car overshooting the last corner, not defending inside line and then F car leading out of the apex of the corner. P car driver stayed on power knowing he would likely be run into the wall. Both drivers did a great job!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.