Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: putting it all together
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
I am tring to reconnect the engine and trans to be put back up in the teener .. but I am having trouble getting the two back together ... I center the clutch and everything went well with that ... I lubed up the input shaft ... the engine is sitting on a 4 wheel furnature dolly and I am tring to put the two togetehr on that so I can wheel it under the car to be reinstalled ... I fgure I am just not getting the right angle to get them to slide together but I am not entirely sure .

am I better off installing tthe engine and trans seperately ?
Bartlett 914
Put them together out of the car. If you are having trouble now, Double it later. It is probably the angle.

How did you install the clutch disk. Did you use a tool or by feel. The problem may be the splines are not aligning on the main shaft. Put the tranny in gear and Hold one output shaft while rotating the other a little. That or rotate the tranny a little.
sk8kat1
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Mar 20 2007, 07:17 AM) *

Put them together out of the car. If you are having trouble now, Double it later. It is probably the angle.

How did you install the clutch disk. Did you use a tool or by feel. The problem may be the splines are not aligning on the main shaft. Put the tranny in gear and Hold one output shaft while rotating the other a little. That or rotate the tranny a little.

when I installed the clutch disc I used a cutoff input shaft to center it .
Bartlett 914
I figured you did but I had to ask. Put the tranny in gear and lock the output shafts and rotate the tranny back and forth while pushing the two together. Don't forget to clean the pilot shaft lubricate the pilot bearing.
sk8kat1
i will give it a good lube tonight and try again ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.