Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 prices up?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
Did a search on the Classic Car Trrader site just for the NW area and found 9 914's for sale. There were only 2 of the 9 that were $3000 or less. The rest were above $5000. I've never seen this many for so much! idea.gif
Get the feeling our Lil cars are becoming popular cool_shades.gif
http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/ad...rchprocess.html

............b
redshift
Stop talking about prices, I'd have to live 500 years....

M
marc_hines
Well....

This COULD mean that our 914's are slowing going up like the 356's did a while back. That means they MIGHT turn out to be an investment after all. While I'm dreaming... Perhaps my first and second generation HD monitors will become collectors items soon and be worth more that I paid for them too.... Ohh... And all those old laserdisks... And the Beta video tapes...

dream over

Actually, just like comic books that were cheap, then most kids mom's threw them away and now the remaining ones are valuable, so too the very fact that fewer and fewer 914's are in running condition (many rusted beyond repair) means the ones in decent shape may well start going up in value soon, too.

Here's hoping!

Marc...
redshift
Vintage guitars were cheap as dirt when I started playing, and I always liked the guitars the cool people played.

The web resources have clouded my judgment about what collectable markets will do, but I know well from collecting guitars, you have to buy the things you love, they will never let you down.

95% of our cars, in the current conditions, would not be a considered purchase for a collector.

laugh.gif

M
rhodyguy
i went and looked at the black car just for drill. for $2500 is was an ok car. but look closely, where are the front turn signal buckets? as for the other cars the prices are way out of line!! the 72' someone put late bumpers on it? remember, these are washington cars. there will be rust issues, believe me. i read an excellance mag recently. the price guide in it made no sense to me what so ever.

kevin
redshift
I have deleted 3 versions of a price rant here..

So, in closing, I have carried the burden of being the caretaker of these cars for long enough to know what they are worth, something you don't just go out and buy... unless you are Karl.

Had to put that out there!

laugh.gif

... or Craig, with his attack of the clones!

M
EdwardBlume
The days of finding a clean 914 for $500 are getting thin as people like us find them and do something with them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.