Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Renegade seats - racing or touring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
What I want to know is how much space you loose in the car. I know they bolt right in but do they put you closer to the wheel or the roof?

Thanks for your input.
jasons
I have one of the sports (racing in your post I think) and I'm currently getting another made to match. They are nice. The bottom seat bolster gets a little tweaked getting in and out of the car. You can just bend it back.... But you sit pretty much like a factory seat with better support. They also have an option to get some thinner seat pads made if you need to be even lower for helmet clearance, AX or whatever.
dwillouby
I have a set of the touring seats in my car. They fit very good. I am a bigger guy but they are very comfortable.

David
Porsche Rescue
I once had one of the "sport" versions. I also found that the bottom side bolster tended to fold outward with use. It is a stock seat with bolsters added so it fits the car like a stock seat.
I have also had a GTS LeMans seat and it is far superior for not much more money. It is a quality seat with a web support under the cushion and much firmer bolsters than the Renegade. It fits also since it was designed for a 914. Go to Camp914.com for pics. of it.
gregrobbins
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Mar 20 2007, 06:38 PM) *

I once had one of the "sport" versions.

Funny, Jason posted and you did too. You both posted about the same seat as I sold Jason the one I bought from you.

I liked the seat very much as took up the same room as stock because it is based on a stock seat. I sold it because PCA will require seats with belt loops in the seat for all cars with five point harness systems starting in 2008, so I put my old, doesn't fit as good, Corbeau seat back in and re installed the quick release steering wheel to make getting in and out easier. Getting ready to install a Kirkey once I reconfigure the roll bar to allow more room.
Gary
I have a pair of the street seats. Very comfy - did a trip up the Pacific Coast highway this past summer.
jasons
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Mar 21 2007, 01:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Mar 20 2007, 06:38 PM) *

I once had one of the "sport" versions.

Funny, Jason posted and you did too. You both posted about the same seat as I sold Jason the one I bought from you.

Yeah it is funny! Jim did you only ever have one seat? Scott at Renegade said he didn't think he ever sold just one seat. I'm getting a mate made right now.

I would really like the GTS seats. But these will cost me half as much when the mate is done.
Porsche Rescue
I only had one seat. I sent a stock seat to Renegade which they made into a a sport seat. I sold the car it was in with a stock seat and then sold the Renegade separatly. The Renegade is a great improvement over stock for autocross use (that's what I bought it for) and OK on the street. I think I paid about $35 each way for UPS and $300 or so for the seat.
I later bought a GTS for my six and found it was a much better seat and worth the extra $$. Did the 2400 mile round trip to WCC 05 in great comfort.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.