Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spark Plugs for 2.0L w/dual weber 40 carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pin31
I ordered plugs online expecting to get NGK B6ES (which were on the car when I purchased it) but received NGK BP5ES.

Whats the difference? NGK web site reccomends B6ES. Will the BP5ES work (better/worse/don't matter)??

What do you use?? Always gap 0.028 ??

pin31
How about wire sets??

What do you use??
SLITS
Heat Range Info

This will explain the difference.

The gap can be enlarged if you run a hot enough ignition system to bridge the gaps between the electodes. The larger the gap, the more spark energy it takes to jump them. So Yes, with a stock system the gap is set at 0.028".

Wire sets ...... whatever works .... Bosch is nice but a good set of 8mm wires is good too. If you don't have a radio (and no sports car should) you can use non-supressed race wire. Others will prolly disagree.

Jake Raby
BOSCH W8cc

SGB
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Mar 20 2007, 06:38 PM) *

BOSCH W8cc

and cheap too.
every time I put in new plugs I think "Thar she goes!" Makes a snappin good difference.
Twystd1
WALDO rb841pb gapped at 60 thou.

Has 18 titaniumgoldplatinum electrodes.

Works with Alky, (I like Ronrico 151)

Can be used as fishing lures in an emergency. Was used to win 5 races at the Dorchester Classic in late 1998. (Moscow to Latvia race)

Used as back up plugs for formula Cheetos car in 2001.
(car backed up well...... dunoo about going forward)

Crusty won't use em as they are to far advanced.

Raby can't figure out which end to use.

Slits uses em on his brown bastard with the glow light stuff under the car. (very showy if I do say so)

Ya have to use a BIG coil with em. Capacitor wires with a neon light transformer works good.

Improves efficiency by ten fold.

Triple X mile guarantee if used as per directions. (never seen em myself)

Can be bought via a fella named Howard at the NARP web site. As he is the only USA and Bulgaria distributor of these little jewels.

Made in N. Korea and/or Nambia to exacting N. Korean mil specs.

Price... A lot.

Thats my .02 worth anyway.

Twystd1

Aaron made me write this....... really........
rhodyguy
what are you using for a distributor? i've had good results with the plugs jake recommnded.

k
Joe Ricard
I guess I need to buy my plugs from Jake because ALL the FLAPS around here give me a stupid look and the comment thay don't carry them "old" plugs.
But we got these triple electrode platinums

I just walk out. Unless I really need new plugs then I have to settle for NGK's which also has to be ordered. I guess at least they can get em.
rhodyguy
haha.

k
pfierb
Most Japanese motorcycle dealers carry the complete line of NGK plugs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.