Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: any one know anything about this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
saw this car in Melbourn Aus. and would like to know more about it. It looks very special.

Bernie
bernbomb914
another pic
bernbomb914
and another
redshift
It looks to be an early e-type.

It's muscular, artful flares.

M
maf914
Light weight E-type, aluminium panels. Early 60's.

Mike
boxstr
MAF914 is correct. It is probably a 67. Different rearend than the early e types.
Car looks like it may have run at LeMans because of the dual front light in the bonnet.
When looking at these cars it is always a good idea to take a pic of the serial number plate. You can actually trace there history on available database sites.
CCLINWETPDX
JFJ914
Not only is it a "Lightweight E-Type" of which 14 were built for the 1963 season; it is 1 of 3 converted to a "Low Drag Coupe" for 1964. The body was designed be Malcolm Sayer and was said to be capable of x170mph.
boxstr
The "e type lightweight" that is pictuered is actually a LYNX E type Lightweight.
Here is a link to follow and you can have one of your very own.
http://www.lynxmotors.co.uk
CCLINJAGVILLE
bernbomb914
Thanks for all the info. It appears that is a Lynx Lightweight altho I think it is an origional

Bernie
Aaron Cox
in the first picture, is that blue car a gt 40????
JmuRiz
Yup looks like a GT-40...maybe a replica or something as well?

That Lynx is mighty nice though. Love the D-type on their site as well. Wonder if the wiring is as bad as the orriginal Jags, haha.
Downunderman
It ran in the classic tour section of Targa Tasmania this year. Its a very nice bit of gear.
redshift
The D-Type makes me think of all the pennies I have thrown off bridges.

Question: Retirement, is it really all it's cracked up to be? I am thinking on cutting down on some of my luxury items, like food and lodging.. let me see here... 4+5+6=451... carry the 11...

D-types and early Es are so swoopy, and not to start a fist fight, but I'd prefer the style over all the brute horsepower in the world... what style... mmMm mMmmm Mmm Mmmmm mmmmMM..

M
bernbomb914
here is the GT40
bernbomb914
more
bernbomb914
1 more
boxstr
There is a manufacturer in New Zealand of GT 40 replicas that are very spot on. Not a cheap VW based replica. They look as real as the original s but without the increase in your insurance premium.
They now have a US based operation located in Indiana.
http:/www.gt40na.com
We have a distributor here in Oregon that I have been in contact with , waiting for more information on pricing.
CCLINCAMPGT40
seanery
Craig,

they are about 1/2 hour from my house. Let me know if I can be of assistance. Maybe a test drive? driving.gif
boxstr
Sean, Thanks If you ever get over there way, send a few pics.
I am still trying to get some pricing and different build stats.
The distributor here in Oregon only sent PDF specs. but no priicng, said more in the future.
CCLINCAMPGT40
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.