Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake Pads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Hi,

So who is the trusted online source for Porterfield R4S pads?

Rich
Matt Romanowski
Hey Rich,

I have some R4s here. I also have some Raybestos pads that are AWESOME!!!
r_towle
and you sell them? or are you just teasing me???

Also, I pm'd you about the parts...

Got a number I can call?

Rich
jd74914
Sort of on this subject . . what are the recommended street pads?
Matt Romanowski
Jim - What kind of driving do you do?

If it's mostly street with a little bit of autocross, Metal Master, Jurid, ATE are all fine. For a car that gets autox'ed a lot or tracked, move up to something like the Porterfield R4 or R4S. For serious track, I like the Raybestos pads the best (they are by far superiour to everything else), but a lot of people like Pagids, Hawks, and Performance Friction.
jd74914
It will be mostly street with a lot of spirited driving and maybe a little autocross.

What model numbers would you recommend in the Metal Master, Jurid or ATE? Or is it just whatever they sell that fits the stock /4 brakes?
yarin
I got mine from Livermore Performance. http://www.livermoreperformance.com/porsch...tml#Porterfield

Best price I could find. I forgot you have to open up one of the holes on the rear pads for the pins. Kind of caught me off guard, hehe.

$59 each for me.
Matt Romanowski
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 21 2007, 09:34 AM) *

It will be mostly street with a lot of spirited driving and maybe a little autocross.

What model numbers would you recommend in the Metal Master, Jurid or ATE? Or is it just whatever they sell that fits the stock /4 brakes?

It's whatever fits. The numbers for me are based on d-141. I would say you would probably like the Metal Masters. I usually sell them for $25 plus shipping.
Joe Ricard
Porterfield R4S on the street. end of discussion.
Livermore is where I get them. Last ones were drop shipped from Porterfield because he was curretnly out of stock. Actually got here next day.
Gint
The biggest (maybe the only IMHO) problem with Porterfield R4S pads on the street is squeal and brake dust. I loved 'em, but they squealed a lot and were really messy. Stopped on dime though...
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 21 2007, 06:49 AM) *

brake Pads, Where do you order yours?

i always get mine from rich bontempi @ HPH ...

just because they always come with a boatload of good advice.

in fact, i usually let him choose which ones i'm gonna run.
different compound front/rear to offset some of the brake bias.

so far, i'm very happy with the customer service ...
bye1.gif Andy
race914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 21 2007, 05:20 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 21 2007, 06:49 AM) *

brake Pads, Where do you order yours?

i always get mine from rich bontempi @ HPH ...

just because they always come with a boatload of good advice.

in fact, i usually let him choose which ones i'm gonna run.
different compound front/rear to offset some of the brake bias.

so far, i'm very happy with the customer service ...
bye1.gif Andy

agree.gif Rich is the one that clued me into Porterfields

High Performance House 1 877 914-4YOU
Aaron Cox
love my R4S set...

noisy, stop on a dime... work great on AX too....

see if i can get hat compound for the boxster calipers i got.
Joe Ricard
My R4S pads are quiet. But I late brake ALWAYS. Brake em hard and bed them in right.
Gint
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Mar 21 2007, 07:11 PM) *

My R4S pads are quiet. But I late brake ALWAYS. Brake em hard and bed them in right.

I said "street". Under light braking during street use they can be squealy.
Pat Garvey
I still have four full sets of Lear Siegler ASBESTOS pads on the shelf. I'm a CW, so they'll last me until I croak. Don't dust much either.

You asked!
drewvw

Good stuff. I need to do a brake overhaul this spring now that i think about it. Sounds like the R4S will do the trick.

r_towle
Matt has some...

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.