Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cv bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
is it a bad thing to put a little blue loc tite on the cv bolts?
Allan
If you can get the threads that clean go ahead...
sk8kat1
QUOTE(Headrage @ Mar 21 2007, 01:49 PM) *

i bought new cv bolts biggrin.gif
Bartlett 914

It is usually best to use new lock washers. Blue locktite won't hurt.

Are you really putting these in already or are you planning ahead. Last I heard you were having difficulties putting the engine and transmission together.
sk8kat1
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Mar 21 2007, 02:06 PM) *

Are you really putting these in already or are you planning ahead. Last I heard you were having difficulties putting the engine and transmission together.

I also bought new serated washers and I stayed up late last night got them together and I am all set with the engine / trans .. I am cleaning up what I need to before the install ... heck I even was able to gethe the rear sway bar links back on the shock bolts!! biggrin.gif
sk8kat1
I should be tring to put the engine in today / tonight.. should be fun !!
then I just have the mess that looks like r2-d2- puked to reconnect all the wires and hoses alfred.gif then start her up!!
akellym
I use blue lock tight on mine, works well. I don't use the gaskets, just silicon. Never had one come loose yet.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Mar 21 2007, 02:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Mar 21 2007, 02:06 PM) *

I also bought new serated washers and I stayed up late last night got them together and I am all set with the engine / trans .. I am cleaning up what I need to before the install ... heck I even was able to gethe the rear sway bar links back on the shock bolts!! biggrin.gif

That is good news Mike. You are ahead of schedule. Lots of luck.

What is with the MPS (The one with the rattle)? Was that your original one or did that come with the motor?
sk8kat1
engine and trans is in!!!! the mps is the one that came with the new engine .. I will be calling brad
ws91420
Look in member vendors section for Dr Evil's cv bolts. he has them so you can safety wire them from backing out. He provides the wire and instructions on how to do it.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Mar 21 2007, 05:46 PM) *

engine and trans is in!!!! the mps is the one that came with the new engine .. I will be calling brad

Way to Go! I can't wait to see your car running. Keep us posted.
beerchug.gif
BigDBass
I can't wait to see your car running. Keep us posted.

agree.gif Great progress Mike!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.