Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AA front flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
autohausdolby
I've just unpacked my flares and the 2 fronts are both marked "front right" They don't seem to be different front to back from looking at them so I don't see what would make one left and one right...

They do look like they've come out of a different press though - there are some minor differences in the angle of the very bottom of the wheel arch. Anybody know how to tell the difference between a left and a right?

I'll post photos in a second, I'm just waiting for photobucket smile.gif
autohausdolby
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(autohausdolby @ Mar 21 2007, 02:47 PM) *

I've just unpacked my flares and the 2 fronts are both marked "front right" They don't seem to be different front to back from looking at them so I don't see what would make one left and one right...

They do look like they've come out of a different press though - there are some minor differences in the angle of the very bottom of the wheel arch. Anybody know how to tell the difference between a left and a right?

I'll post photos in a second, I'm just waiting for photobucket smile.gif

If they fit perfectly together they are the same side. IF they do not they are opposite sides.
autohausdolby
I see - they fit together pretty well but they've made a journey across the Atlantic so it's hard to say.

I didn't buy them direct from AA btw smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(autohausdolby @ Mar 21 2007, 03:07 PM) *

I see - they fit together pretty well but they've made a journey across the Atlantic so it's hard to say.

I didn't buy them direct from AA btw smile.gif

thats a relief. that looks like my writing on the flare maybe. We are so careful with matching these before sending.
So.Cal.914
Ooooooops.
autohausdolby
Anyone care to say for certain if they are both right hand side ones?
cobra94563
match them up to the car...you can tell!
nomore9one4
try standing them upright with one bottom lip on the ground.If they have the same angle they are for the same side.

P/S That looks like my writing also, but I never saw those flares in my life.
Johny Blackstain
IMO from your photos I'd say they're identical but that is just an opinion. I'd follow Georges' advice on stacking to confirm. Have you thought about converting that 6 into a RHD? Talk about unique!

cool_shades.gif
nomore9one4
I just checked mine. If you place them on top of one another they are almost the same exept the wheel arch is different. they have a different agle. very easy to see the difference that way. hope this helps.
burton73
When you put then on the ground you can tell that they are different. I believe you have two of the same!!

Bob Burton
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 22 2007, 08:30 PM) *

When you put then on the ground you can tell that they are different. I believe you have two of the same!!

Bob Burton

agree.gif
autohausdolby
QUOTE(faux916 @ Mar 22 2007, 12:09 PM) *

I just checked mine. If you place them on top of one another they are almost the same exept the wheel arch is different. they have a different agle. very easy to see the difference that way. hope this helps.

Does one slope up one way a tiny bit and the other the other way? (if that makes any sense biggrin.gif )
nomore9one4
QUOTE(autohausdolby @ Mar 23 2007, 01:30 AM) *

QUOTE(faux916 @ Mar 22 2007, 12:09 PM) *

Does one slope up one way a tiny bit and the other the other way? (if that makes any sense biggrin.gif )

Yes! and thats the only way I can tell mine apart. Side by side they look to close to tell the difference.
autohausdolby
It's OK then, panic over. I think someone just wrote the wrong thing on one of them smile.gif I offered them up to the shell and one REALLY doesn't fit on the RHS biggrin.gif They do look very similar though.
nomore9one4
Good news! that would be a long trip back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.