Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 PPI in the Houston Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joeav8tor
Hi Guys,
I am interested in an 87 911 that is at Victory Motorcars in Houston, 5818 Star LN 713 783-6555...it is currnetly listed on ebay item # 140097577500...anyone in the area that can take a look at the car for me in person? Chad Hallmark helped me with my 914, which also came out of Houston...does anyone else have an 87 that can share their likes and dislikes.
thanks in Advance
Joe
joeav8tor
it looks like I am going to have to give chad hallmark a call later today (thursday)
Joe
MJHanna
Check on the bird board. 87 is a good year g-50 trans, larger a/c vents Victory sometime does not have a good rep do some digging. Be carful of flood cars.

I had a 86 turbo, (Prussian blue) curently have a 85 Coupe (Prussian Blue) 69K

joeav8tor
thanks for the heads up...bidding had ended on the car...I spoke to a guy at Victory Motorcars by the name of Robert Neal to ask him a few questions about the car...I asked him if he had the car for a while, he told me it was the first listing for the car on Ebay...but I did an Ebay search and found that it was listed previously and did not meet the reserve...I also asked him if he had service documentation on the car and he did not, they were asking top dollar for the car and there was a lapse of 70K miles in the service book, for that type of money, I feel that there should be a full service history...he also said that he could sell the car for 30K dollars in California, but he did pull the car early and said he was selling it to a guy for the buy it now price of 25.5K, I am surprised that he would not want to get the extra 4.5K for the car that he could get in Cali (car salesmen)
unfortunately I did really like the color combo, but I have my friend Steve Gaglione looking for a low mileage well documented car for me...needless to say from my short conversation with Neal that I wont be buying a car from Victory Motorcars because I think that they might have an honesty problem which is prevalent in auto sales...I plan on buying one privately which is fine because I am not planning on financing the car anyway...again, thanks for the heads up.
Joe flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.