Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fabric Dash Covers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Heckler
I've actually got a dash that doesn't have cracks, and I'd like to keep it that way! While I don't intend to attach it with velcro or what not, I'd like to find one that has a good fit and allows the defroster vents to continue to work (perhaps even follows the contours well enough that you can continue to use the "tray")... I've see them on the websites of all the usual suspects (AA/Pelican/AutoMotion) but you don't get a sense of how well/poorly they actually fit... Also, Velour vs Carpet?

Recommendations welcome!

Thanks!
pfierb
Had one on the first 944 that I owned....It was well made and the fit was perfect and I hated it.....Everytime That I drove the car had the feeling that this isn't right "an upholstered dash" so sold it....Felt great looking at the dash after that even with the cracks.
My 0.02
dagdal1967
Instead of covering up a beautiful dash with fabric, why not by a custom fitted Front window reflector. Keeps the sun off the dash so there is less chance of cracking, and keeps the car cooler in general.

Doug
Heckler
QUOTE(dagdal1967 @ Mar 22 2007, 07:36 AM) *

Instead of covering up a beautiful dash with fabric, why not by a custom fitted Front window reflector. Keeps the sun off the dash so there is less chance of cracking, and keeps the car cooler in general.

Doug

Already got one of those, but it's kinda hard to drive with it in place and my eyes water too much when I hang my head out the window to see around it...
AZ914
I have one and I think it is the DashMat brand. It fits perfectly. Any FLAPS that carries that brand can order it for you. Not sure if the usual 914 sites carry them.
Heckler
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Mar 22 2007, 05:59 PM) *

I have one and I think it is the DashMat brand. It fits perfectly. Any FLAPS that carries that brand can order it for you. Not sure if the usual 914 sites carry them.

Think I've seen the DashMat brand at any of The Bird/PP/AA...

OK, newbie questions time, "FLAPS"???

Thanks!
bd1308
Friendly Local Auto Parts Store
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.