Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal Tech day BBQ. Just good old 914 fun for all.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Heeltoe914
Get your car ready for spring ­ Tech Day & BBQ

Sat. April 21 Leamon with the help of Mike D and a few others is hosting a Tech/Fix it day in one of the best 914 garages in So. Cal. (Tajunga to be exact, just off the 210 frwy. 7 mins from Pasadena)

We’ll probably start the morning around 8am with a short fun run in the mountains near Tajunga. Then meet back at Leamon's Garage at 9:30, or so, for a Fix It, move it out, Next. fix it move it out. Tech Session.

If anyone has any projects that would be aided with the use of a car lift, a
great set of tools and ten other 914 guys, or if you have any “How To” questions about your 914, this is your chance. We’ll have three dedicated areas, two with lifts, for working on cars, and plenty of drivway parking for 10+ 914.

We can do suspensions, swap struts and spring, replace or fix brakes and
rotors, install headers, heat exchangers and mufflers, fix door locks, Diagnose FI problems, replace shift bushings. Or a variety of other common 914 “fix its”.

EVERYONE will be the Tech, if there is something you want to share with the group, go
for it.

And of course there is BBQ, burgers, chicken, brauts, and dogs!

FREE PARTS DRAWING. FREE PARTS FOR 914!!! stromberg.gif I'LL BE THERE.

PM For Directions. Hope to see you here.
Mike D.
Hey, sounds like a good time, I think I'll be there.... happy11.gif

Allan
I'm hoping to have my paint done and the car back together by then. If so, I'll be there...
Aaron Cox
mine should be together by then....
Leamon,
Real nice garage,Real nice cars,Is that a NSX in there? There real nice,How do you like it?
TonyAKAVW
Hmm. I have a complete 911 front suspension with brakes, etc. that needs installing.

-Tony
Mike D.
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Mar 22 2007, 04:55 PM) *

Hmm. I have a complete 911 front suspension with brakes, etc. that needs installing.

-Tony

Tony, this is exactly the kind of thing we're looking for. With enough people and the lift I think you'd be amazed at how fast this can be done.

jim_hoyland
I'm in.
TonyAKAVW
I guess I should start collecting the small parts I need. I have to get new ball joints, tie rod ends, and the hardware that goes along with both. I think I can fit the suspension parts in my car, although with two 5 lug wheels as passengers it might make the fun run a little less fun. Perhaps I can drop off the stuff beforehand.

-Tony
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Mar 22 2007, 06:21 PM) *

I guess I should start collecting the small parts I need. I have to get new ball joints, tie rod ends, and the hardware that goes along with both. I think I can fit the suspension parts in my car, although with two 5 lug wheels as passengers it might make the fun run a little less fun. Perhaps I can drop off the stuff beforehand.

-Tony

i gots the ball joint socket if you need it.
djfamousa
Awesome Garage! Sounds like a great time is to be had by all! Delicious food and 914 giveaway woohooo. Where is it again? If my car is out of the shop by then I would like to go too! This event is the smilie_pokal.gif
swood
Excellent!!! Mine should be ready by....

dam.
Heeltoe914
914 reminder. Are you in for some fun?
Heeltoe914
Getting close email me for address and directions. or call 818 266 7774
Mike D.
anyone in Santa Clarita, Canyon Country, high desert areas, I'll be taking Sand Canyon through to Osborn to get to Lea's place on Sat. AM. If anyone wants to join in we could meet somewhere by the 14 and Sand Cyn exit...

Let me know driving.gif

PS no need for directions, I've been there before. smile.gif
TonyAKAVW
Well, I am definitely getting ready for this event. I ordered a set of new tires, will be powder coating my wheels shortly, as well as rebuilding a set of A calipers. Also ordering ball joints etc. So I'll be there to do a front suspension swap. (stock 914 to '87 SC)

Does anyone have a pressure bleeder?

-Tony
ematulac
I'm going to try and make it.

My 914 is currently out of commission. Can I bring my Pontiac? It's a 'P-car.' smile.gif
ahdoman
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Apr 10 2007, 03:59 PM) *

anyone in Santa Clarita, Canyon Country, high desert areas, I'll be taking Sand Canyon through to Osborn to get to Lea's place on Sat. AM. If anyone wants to join in we could meet somewhere by the 14 and Sand Cyn exit...

Let me know driving.gif

Hey High Desert guys,
How about we make the IN & Out at Sand Canyon off the 14 as the "high desert" meeting spot. That way the guys from Lancaster / Palmdale / Bakersfield can have a place to meet us. Should we say 7AMish? Have you got the 6 back together or are you going to drive that grey turd you own?
GTeener
Wow! Nice garage thumb3d.gif ~ should be a fun day
Mike D.
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Apr 13 2007, 08:06 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike D. @ Apr 10 2007, 03:59 PM) *

Let me know driving.gif

Hey High Desert guys,
How about we make the IN & Out at Sand Canyon off the 14 as the "high desert" meeting spot. That way the guys from Lancaster / Palmdale / Bakersfield can have a place to meet us. Should we say 7AMish? Have you got the 6 back together or are you going to drive that grey turd you own?

HEY, That "Grey Turd" is a very fast, very comfortable turd...your jealous! bootyshake.gif

See you at the IN n OUT - let Rick know...

Tony - Leamon has a pressure bleader.

I have a new Borescope, if anyone is interested in seeing how much carbon you have on your piston tops. biggrin.gif
xsurfer
As a newbie I need all the input I can get from the wealth of experience that will be there. I've got a 6 cyl. that needs unbias opinions.

I'll be happy to help turn wrenches.

I'm at Ocean View and Foothill.

Let me know where you are.

Thanks, looking forward to this. Probably won't go on the drive still unsettled on the real condition of things after sitting for 6 months.

Gene
TonyAKAVW
~bump~
Mike D.
QUOTE(xsurfer @ Apr 13 2007, 05:54 PM) *

Thanks, looking forward to this. Probably won't go on the drive still unsettled on the real condition of things after sitting for 6 months.

Gene

Gene - you can always come early and ride with someone on the run...
Heeltoe914

Hi all, Yes this events is truly on and we are looking at a real good time to be had by all. If anyone wonts to bring some Drinks Beer, thats OK in my book. I am not posting my address on the internet I think most of you will understand that. But drop me a line at heeltoe914@aol.com or get me at 914world or com or call 818 266 7774 anytime 23.5 hours per day.

Brings some hand tools we have a lot of people coming.

The following post from a member is post of the day for me.

914-327 Posted: Mar 28 2007, 11:11 AM

Formerly V8Chalon

Group: 914 Fan

This sounds like it would be a great place to work on my car, unfortunately, I dont feel quite up to pushing my car that far yet.

Maybe next time, I should have my car driveable by the end of Summer? Maybe?

Heeltoe914
Its coming up. Are you in? If you need the address at the last moment call 818 266 7774 or email me at heeltoe914@aol.com. Don let the free parts go to a 914 that dosen't need it if you are here it could be you.

WOW look no car on the lift. Lets put your 914 on and get things done. See Ya this Saturday.
gary gartner

Hey Leamon---if I can get my interior re-assembled and functional, I would love to see your garage-mahal in person.
I wlii take you cell# and give you a call if I can make it, and if it don't rain

Gary
TonyAKAVW
Here's my update:

Got my wheels bead blasted, powder coated, tires mounted, balanced.

Picked up ball joints, pins, and brake pads today
Tomorrow I'm picking up the rest at Pelican.
Friday night I will be rebuilding my calipers. If I don't get that done in time, will have to finish that Saturday as well.

So all is on schedule so far. Hopefully I haven't forgotten any parts.

-Tony
Mike D.
AOL Weather Report For Tujunga, Ca

Friday: Periods of rain. Thunder possible. High 57F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a half an inch.
Friday night: Rain early. Decreasing clouds with mostly clear skies late. Low around 45F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
Saturday: Sunny skies. High near 65F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday (24 hours): Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the upper 40s.

aktion035.gif I was worried for a little while

Also, there may be several cars being worked on at once. You may want to bring some of the most common size wrenches (10, 13, 15, 17) with you. Just so that nobody has to wait for a 13 when theres only one last nut to turn...

Hope to see you there!
Heeltoe914
Tools; bring some extra tools. I have but we will be working on three to Four cars at one time. DONT WORRIE ABOUT RAIN WE CAN WORK ON THREE CARS INDOORS.

Gary drivers seat and steering wheel will get you to my pad. Let us all help you get it done.

Tony OK I am not a fan of rebuilt calipers but I am sure someone like Don C will be ready to help out. Are you replacing the rack as well?
Brake fluid, lines and cotter pins should be on your list. Also are you using the shocks from ??????.

Wows look another spot for your car. Move it in move out. That’s the theme guys. I give you fare warning I am a worker when it comes to getting things done.
Luke
Sent a email ...

Sounds like a fun day ... I'll try to be there and lend a hand...
Sadly my 914 is under the knife ..
Look forward to meeting some of you guys/ gals ...

-Dave
hex123
I Just want to thank Leamon and his wife for hosting this event and allow us the use of his home and awesome garage. I also want to thank Mike D and the others. I was left awestruck by the amount of knowledge you guys have of these cars, 2 minor adjustments and my car runs worlds better. you guys are 914 gods pray.gif and that garage is certainly worthy of temple status. Hey do i see a tax write off "Church of the Devine 914" hehe. I had a fun time and enjoyed meeting others from this board,and seeing some of your gorgeous cars, it was a bit humbling to say the least. I hope we can hang out again some time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.