Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trunk Spring Tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Fernado has finshed with the tool and it is on the way to Richard Davenhauer in Washington State. Let me know if you need to use this tool and Richard can forward it to the next person.
Thanks,
Mark. unsure.gif
914Sixer
Rich has it in Washington state now. Anyone on the West Coast need it?

Thanks, Mark.
martinef1963
This tool makes putting your tension bar back in place a snap - took me bout two minutes.

Thanks Mark! boldblue.gif

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 27 2007, 10:37 AM) *

Rich has it in Washington state now. Anyone on the West Coast need it?

Thanks, Mark.

type47fan
I would like to use it in southern California!

Thanks,
914Sixer
Type 47 fan please send me your information so I can PM Rich to ship it to you when he is done.

Thanks,
Mark
type47fan
Mark,

PM sent.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity of saving my eyes and teeth!
robby750
Is this tool helpful for removing the torsionbar? I have a Camp914 shock kit that I would like to install but I'm a little apprehensive about getting that thing off.
914Sixer
This is the one you need. You may be the next in line after it goes to CA.
bd1308
QUOTE(robby750 @ Mar 27 2007, 03:11 PM) *

Is this tool helpful for removing the torsionbar? I have a Camp914 shock kit that I would like to install but I'm a little apprehensive about getting that thing off.

if you heat the torsion bars red hot, they will gradually lose tension instead of cutting them loose or something mildly destructive like that.
Midtowner
If not going to Robby in KY, then I would like to be next in line after Wayne Cowie in Carlsbad. I am located in NorCal - Sillycon Valley. Thank you! smile.gif
cooltimes
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 27 2007, 05:34 PM) *

This is the one you need. You may be the next in line after it goes to CA.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
914werke
Ill try and snap a pic.
its much beefy-er than I imagined smile.gif
will
any chance that tool can circulate to rancho cucamonga (socal)?
thanks,
will
rjames
The homeade version (notching the handle end of a crescent wrench) worked excellent for me. Took longer to 'modify' an old wrench than it did to put the spring back in. Somewhere on here is a thread about this...
913B
Hi Mark, I would like to get in line also for the tool please. So Cal Location.

Thank You
Ted
SLITS
10 mm deep well socket and 6" extension works also ......

Getting rid of torsion bars? Wrap a rope around the pair in two places, cut between the two places with a cutoff wheel ..... wella ..... remove pieces of torsion bars.
sean_v8_914
I think I have one in san diego . show me a picture. Ill put mine into circulation also
SLITS
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Mar 28 2007, 10:58 AM) *

I think I have one in san diego . show me a picture. Ill put mine into circulation also

I thought you were going to be a cheesehead .... confused24.gif
sean_v8_914
soon...may 1st. I still got some so cal racin to do
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.